Deleted Minecraft Files

Exon001's Avatar Exon0014/3/21 1:41 pm
4/3/2021 9:34 pm
icephantom's Avatar icephantom
Hi everybody. I have a problem with Minecraft. My brother upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and didt tell me. I have had Minecraft World stored there since about 2018. So all the files have been deleted - even my MC Saves. Could those files be restored somehow? I dont have the original Minecraft, but downloaded it via TLauncher. Thank you for all the answers. Have a nice day.
Exon001
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/03/2021 9:34 pmhistory
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
In short, 'No'

If you have completely formatted a drive to put a new version of Windows on top, then all files below are gone, permanently. Now you may get someone willing to post about some utility or other to help in these instances, but it is rarely the case where new files have gone over the top of old that you can get anything underneath back.

If your brother updated, rather than formatted and started from scratch, then part of the old system may still be intact, in which case, you'd have to look around on the drive for directories marked 'old', i.e. windows.old. Your files for minecraft are likely to be under your old profile folder, which, after a windows update may still be there under some 'documents and Settings' or old 'Users' directory.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome