Errors with data pack won't let me update my world to 1.17

Xyle_Yoshi's Avatar Xyle_Yoshi6/8/21 5:39 pm
1 emeralds 3.1k 8
6/10/2021 7:32 pm
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
When trying to load my world, it keeps saying "Errors in currently selected datapacks prevented this world from loading. You can either try to load it with only the vanilla data pack ("safe mode"), or go back to the title screen and fix it manually." I've tried clicking "safe mode" and the button does nothing. I've deleted every data pack and it still says the same thing. I even went back to 1.16.5 and disabled the datapacks there and tried to load the world in 1.17 and it still doesn't work. Is there anything I can do to fix my world?
Xyle_Yoshi
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/09/2021 11:58 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Baconator
cookedporkbacon
I had similar problems updating my datapack to 1.17, but I got around them. First to update the datapack, you need to completely rework it to fit the new 1.17 standards. If you wand to see a working example you can look at my datapack here: https://www.planetminecraft.com/data-pack/apocalypse-overwrite-2-structures-zombies-and-loot

You can also try the Minecraft Wiki, but last I checked the people who write it still haven't finished updating the world gen pages to 1.17.

Reading the logs takes some practice, but it is possible. Whenever it says "No key [whatever]" you need to go into the json file and add that file. For example, add "height":256 into your dimension_type files (judging by the error pasted by HoboMaggot).

Once you get the pack updated, it still might not work, but it can be fixed. Looking through your world save folder, the folder named "region" contains all the overworld chunks, so you can create a new world with the datapack, then just copy and paste the region file. Similarly, the dimensions folder contains all the other dimension chunks, the player data folder contains your inventory, and the entities folder contains mobs. So by copying and pasting folders from the old world into the new one, you can often recover it.

I know it's a lot of work, but you can still save your world. Best of luck!
06/09/2021 7:57 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Is the datapack properly updated to 1.17 and pack.mcmeta has its pack_format = 7?
Are there any other errors that appear in the log?
06/09/2021 11:33 am
Xyle_Yoshi
I tried updating them so that pack_format = 7 but the error still shows up. I don't really know how to read the log, so I'll put it here.

latest.log
06/09/2021 9:12 pmhistory
HoboMaggot
Found this error near the top:
com.google.gson.JsonParseException: Error loading registry data: No key height in MapLike[{"logical_height":256,"infiniburn":"minecraft:infiniburn_overworld","effects":"minecraft:overworld","ambient_light":0.0,"bed_works":true,"respawn_anchor_works":false,"has_raids":true,"ultrawarm":false,"natural":true,"coordinate_scale":1.0,"piglin_safe":false,"has_skylight":true,"has_ceiling":false}];
No key min_y in MapLike[{"logical_height":256,"infiniburn":"minecraft:infiniburn_overworld","effects":"minecraft:overworld","ambient_light":0.0,"bed_works":true,"respawn_anchor_works":false,"has_raids":true,"ultrawarm":false,"natural":true,"coordinate_scale":1.0,"piglin_safe":false,"has_skylight":true,"has_ceiling":false}]

Pretty sure min_y is a new variable for custom worldgen/biomes/dimensions
Assuming you have a custom worldgen/biome/dimension datapack, the format for custom world generation got updated for 1.17.
You may need to remake your worldgen/biome/dimension files for 1.17
06/09/2021 10:17 pm
Xyle_Yoshi
How would I put that in? I'm sorry, but I don't actually know a whole lot about making datapacks despite having created one. Really I was just copying everything another person told me to do.
06/09/2021 11:19 pm
HoboMaggot
If you got those datapacks from another source, youll need to tell isolate which datapack is actually causing the issue and tell that datapack's developer what is happening
06/10/2021 11:32 am
Xyle_Yoshi
So I looked at the wiki and added the two new things from 1.17 into the packs, being "min_y" and "height". I still get an error, but this time it says:
Error loading registry data: No key shape in MapLike[{;probability;:0.02}]; No key vertical_rotation in MapLike[{;probability;:0.02}]; No key aquifers_enabled in MapLike[;probability;:0.02}]; No key lava_level in MapLike[{;probability;:0.02}]; No key yScale in MapLike[{;probability;:0.02}]; No key y in MapLike[{;probability:0.02}]

I tried looking on both the wiki and all of google, but it seems like no one else has had a similar problem, probably because 1.17 is so new.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome