EssentialsX chat formatting not working properly

NinoV193's Avatar NinoV1931/20/20 8:06 pm
1 emeralds 858 3
1/22/2020 8:23 am
ZonkedCompanion's Avatar ZonkedCompanion
Hi! So im just gonna cut to the chase, i just opened up a 1.14.4 PaperMC server and installed some basic plugins. The problem that I have is that when I talk, there is [] before my chat prefix. I cant figure out how to get rid of it.

Plugins:
EssentialsX with chat, spawn & geoIP
Groupmanager
worldedit
worldguard
ChatEx
multiverse-core
placeholder api
vault
rankgrant+

I use groupmanager to set permissions and prefixes etc.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
NinoV193
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/22/2020 8:18 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
I would check the chat formatting in essentials config. I think by default essentials uses something along the lines of "[​world_alias][​rank][​name]: message content" so perhaps check that you haven't got any extra [ ] in there.

Never used ChatEx and no idea what it does, but potentially check the config for that too.

Also I would check that EssentialsX and ChatEx are compatible as they may be conflicting? To use ChatEx you may have to remove essentials chat? I dont know.

May I suggest you swap out ChatEx for ChatControl. ChatControl is 100% compatible with Essentials chat. I use essentials chat for the formatting, and ChatControl does all the fancy filtering etc using regex. Its an extremely powerful and versatile combination and can be used for all kinds of things far beyond blocking swears and advertising. I use it to suggest useful tips to players who are lost or struggling with commands. Also because has "packet" filtering you can even use it to modify messages from other plugins.
01/22/2020 8:23 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
Its also great for trolling players....

For example if someone says "wtf" on my server it will get translated to "wheres the fork" or "whos this fish" or some other random phrase. Similarly "omg" gets replaced with "christ on a bike" or "jumping jehovah" etc
01/20/2020 8:08 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
NinoV193
Here is a screenshot of the problem

prntscr.com/qqiske
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome