Going to Be Starting a Server and Need Help

NeflixNChill's Avatar NeflixNChill1/7/15 10:17 pm
1 emeralds 159 2
1/8/2015 9:12 pm
ZeroSanzo's Avatar ZeroSanzo
Hey PMC! I know there are some very knowledgeable people out there and I am coming to you guys for some help!

I am going to be starting a new minecraft server with some friends of mine and I need to know the best way to get people onto my minecraft server! I basically need help advertising the right way not just spamming on other people server and being a d*ck.

I dont expect it to go insanely quickly or for it to happen all at once, I just need something that works. We are not rushing the release of the server because we know that we wont get any players if we have a bad server.

Just a bit of background info about our server:

--We currently have myself, my friend I know irl and a friend ive known for around a year on mc, skype and teamspeak who is our builder.

--The friend I know has a professional grade hosting company himself, and is very knowledgeable. We will be running the server off of a 8gb ram w/ a 3.2 GHz processor and 1Gbps network speed. So we have a good host and we have a good looking website that we have made ourselves.

--We are capable of doing our own graphics design (and make it high level)

--Our only expense might be an enjin forum basically

We are even thinking of holding back the release of the server until most schools are out and more people are playing minecraft in general... I need to know if this is a good idea or not.

If someone could please help me out and give me some advise about how and where to advertise that would be fantastic. Thx

--Moving_Longshot
NeflixNChill
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn