Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

I can join my server but my friends cant?

1 emeralds18 replies399 views
created 06/09/2019 11:52 am by bluesage8
last reply 08/25/2019 3:52 pm
Hi everyone!

So I've been trying to get a Minecraft server up and going for the past 4 hours and still cant get it, I'm able to join my own server but my friends cant join. here are some of the things I've tried already

1. I've checked the port forwarding on the router which everything is correct.

2. I have disabled the firewall on my computer.

3. I have uninstalled any antivirus/firewall protection on my computer that may have caused the issue

4. I've gone to control panel>system and security>windows defender firewall>allowed apps and made sure to check mark all the boxes related to "Java(TM) Platform SE binary (the public and private and made sure the box next to it was checked)

5. I've gone to control panel>system and security>windows defender firewall and clicked on the advanced settings and allowed the inbound rules and outbound rules on port 25565

6. I did go to a couple different websites to check the port and either they say "failed" or "connection timed out"

As far as extra information goes which i don't know if it matters or not but we do use 2 routers at my house so I'm not aware if that could be causing the issue or not my Ethernet cable is plugged into my computer. When i do run the tests on the websites i do make sure that the server is running as well.

If anyone could help me with this i would be really grateful.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply to this post.
Posted by avatar
bluesage8
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

18 replies

06/09/2019 4:41 pmhistory
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
MatureGamingNetwork
For younger adults that dont know some cool features about windows 10 and being able to port forward your ports without even going through your router. I believe it works best if you are on a wifi connection but i believe it also works on Etho. Open up your file explorer goto Network > (wait a minute for your network to appear) > Right Click It > Properties > Settings > Boom start adding. Note i have all my firewalls on my computer shut off. you can test for yourself at mc.maturegamingnetwork.com only thing ive noticed is that it clears after a week on monday, Didnt do it at my last place so i think its just router.

edit: also disabled windows defender.
06/09/2019 9:42 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
HoboMaggot
Manual portforwarding shouldn't be done unless you need to, for example private minecraft servers.
06/09/2019 4:42 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
MatureGamingNetwork
Let us know if it helped!
06/09/2019 2:31 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
Jack_Keeley
By the looks of it you have not made the correct exemption in your routers firewall, due to port checking websites reporting connection timed out. You will have to make the sure the port it forwarded, or choose a hosting provider. I may be able to host for you for a bit if you are just looking to play with some friends.
08/15/2019 4:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
shnur
do you think you could maybe host me for a bit, im just trying to play with one of my friends but after doing all the steps in youtube videos, yet it still wont let me. i also dont have enough money to buy from others
08/25/2019 3:52 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
Jack_Keeley
Just saw your message sorry, You can contact me about it
06/09/2019 1:06 pmhistory
Level 30 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Sir_Craftypants
I'm guessing you mean server hosted by a provider, in which case their customer service are best placed to help you.
06/09/2019 1:08 pmhistory
Sir_Craftypants
If you are referring to all connecting to a lan via ethernet then you all need to be connected to the same router, although I'm not sure if Minecraft can be played over lan? Local Server.
06/09/2019 1:38 pm
Level 23 : Expert Skinner
R_Ryan
MInecraft can be played over LAN or by hosting a private server, but the server is an additional download.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/

The OP is trying to host a private server, but something along the route appears to be blocking the port that MC uses. It's neither LAN nor a third party server.
06/09/2019 1:58 pm
Sir_Craftypants
Ok so I've learnt something new, Singleplayer> Enter World> press Escape> Open to Lan> Start Lan World.

Not sure if this would be any help in solving your problem www.godaddy.com/garage/how-to-make-a-minecraft-server/
06/09/2019 9:36 pm
HoboMaggot
Nope it doesn't. LAN is only for your internet only. So if his friends go to his house and play, they would connect.
As OP stated, its something to do with portforwarding route itself
06/09/2019 12:23 pm
Level 27 : Expert Creeper Hugger
bhfdh
You've written alot useless things, the main problem is if you are hosting LAN server then people without same IP address cannot join. You have to order server on paid hosting or get really annoyed by ads at free hostings.

Free (working) hostings:
Server.pro
Aternos

Hostings i use(d):
Server.pro
Fakaheda

Verifed (known) hostings:
Contabo
Multimine

Hope i helped you, if you already hosting server through website and they cannot join, just tell me.
06/09/2019 9:44 pm
HoboMaggot
Server pro and aternos are pretty bad in terms of latency lag.
In server.pro, I opened up a 1.13 new survival world with my friend. Lots of lag spikes. Also the ram in the gui console was usually full
In Aternos, I opened up a 1.14 new survival world with my friend. Still had crippling lag spikes sometimes
06/09/2019 12:30 pm
R_Ryan
You can run a server from a home pc. It doesn't have to be a LAN game. Also, the info posted is useful for troubleshooting, but we need a bit more information.
06/09/2019 12:48 pm
Level 27 : Expert Creeper Hugger
bhfdh
True but it doesn't really work
You always need paid hosting/free working hosting
06/09/2019 9:45 pm
HoboMaggot
06/09/2019 12:59 pm
R_Ryan
Your mileage may vary, I guess. I've made it work several times.
06/09/2019 12:23 pm
R_Ryan
When you say, "2 routers", do you mean that your computer is connected to a router which is then connected to another router, and then it connects to the internet?

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome