Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

I dont have anything to make my own resource pack

1 emeralds9 replies146 views
created 10/15/2019 6:38 pm by Leafs4CupYT
last reply 10/20/2019 10:31 am
I dont have a app or program to make my own resource packs can anyone list one for me?
Posted by avatar
Leafs4CupYT
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

9 replies

10/20/2019 10:31 am
Level 44 : Master Engineer
ShelLuser
As someone else already mentioned you can use The Gimp for editing the graphics, it's a very good program to do so.

But a resourcepack also often includes new audio snippets and if you're looking for a solid audio editor then get yourself Wavosaur. I strongly recommend this one over the more commonly known Audacity.

Audacity is a fun toy to play around with, Wavosaur is a freely available editor with some very useful professional features. The most important feature is VST support. VST is short for Virtual Sound Technology and it's a standard developed by Steinberg (a very familiar name within the field of digital audio). A VST can be a virtual instrument or audio effect and the best part is that those devices can be used in any software you'd like which supports this standard. Which includes Wavosaur.

Also fun to know is that there are plenty of free VST's available. I highly recommend the TAL plugins, several can be downloaded (and used!) for free which can help you to generate (or process) your own sounds for your resource pack.
10/16/2019 11:08 am
Level 1 : New Miner
GeekyCatGaming
It's a little outdated, but I would like to recommend this.
https://minecraft.novaskin.me/resourcepacks
10/16/2019 6:56 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
MrManiac3
I have edited textures in Paint.Net, and I used Resource Pack Workbench for the whole thing. It seems to be a semi-abandoned project, and I soon realized that I knew nothing about how to edit the code that is required to make more than just a basic texture pack. I also converted sound files into OGG because that's what Minecraft uses for sound effects. All in all, I would say that my resource pack making abilities are dead in the water.
10/16/2019 5:54 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
I will additionally mention that there's tutorial on Minecraft Wiki how to create a resourcepack:

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Creating_a_resource_pack
10/16/2019 3:57 amhistory
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
arKanSMC
i prefer use paint.net for edit photoslow res but more prefer gimp for high res, notepad+++ for code or change a spawn and blockstates and blockbench for 3d modeler
10/15/2019 11:39 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
ItsJustJoshhh
Try using Gimp, its a free alternative to photoshop:

https://www.gimp.org/
10/15/2019 7:23 pmhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
Tanner77
I use "Paint.net" to create my texturepack. If you want take a look at my pack to see work ive done in paint.net (its an app not a website, also its free)
10/15/2019 7:05 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
GrimmWarHunter
i suggest you look at a app called gimp its free and you can learn how to make your own pack by hand there are plenty of youtube videos on making textures.

you can get a base pack made on painterlypack.net
10/15/2019 6:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Ranger
sogg
I'm not sure of a program, but you can use the NovaSkin website (on a PC at least). minecraft.novaskin.me/resourcepacks

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Website

© 2010 - 2019
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome