I just got an account from a giveaway.

ErioniX's Avatar ErioniX10/24/21 7:47 am
12/6/2021 1:59 pm
DarkCabin's Avatar DarkCabin
I just got an account from a giveaway. Is there anyway to get past

CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY part.

ErioniX
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/06/2021 1:59 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Mage
DarkCabin
its a scam just buy a account urself
11/07/2021 10:18 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
Someone scammed you

You should buy the game by yourself instead of taking it from someone random, you could even get viruses or problems
I would understand, your uncle or cousin gave it, cus they don't need it(with all the needed stuff, cus you know them in real life)
10/26/2021 8:41 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Birb
lloyddominic26
So basically, you've got an NFA (non-full access) account from the giveaway. These types of accounts usually have security questions tied in, definitely because you don't own the account, and it's only purpose is for playing in premium servers.
You mostly can't change anything in an NFA account, unless you somehow got lucky and the account doesn't have security questions. However, please don't do it! Accounts have security questions in them for a purpose.
Also, this isn't the most ideal type of account to win in a giveaway since the account itself will be locked in a few days or a week, which means you are unable to play with it anymore.

It's best to just stay within the legal options and not steal, use, or mess up the accounts of other people.
10/26/2021 8:02 am
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
SoapSoapSoap
congratulation!
10/26/2021 8:02 am
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
SoapSoapSoap
wait idk
10/26/2021 8:29 am
lloyddominic26
Lol, same. I was actually about to comment the same thing since I've read the title, but looking at the body of the thread, I was like, "oh wait, nevermind."
10/26/2021 7:50 am
Level 70 : Legendary Enderdragon
Coffee Gamer 360
Make sure to secure all the details you gave the person
10/26/2021 7:50 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
Gunnolf
Kid just buy an Account there only $25 also try not to fall for scams like that.
10/30/2021 2:37 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
BoopThePirate
yeah probs has no money, maybe a kid
10/26/2021 8:45 am
lloyddominic26
(Correct me if I'm wrong, but …)
While it is true, this is probably not the best thing to say. It's like saying to a homeless person to just go get a home or something. There's a reason why he chose the giveaway way over the legal/safe way.
10/26/2021 7:45 amhistory
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
What I don't understand is why people fall for scams like this when a Minecraft license only costs £17.95.

So basically you have been given the login details for someone else's stolen account and now you cant get past the security questions. Lets hope Mojang aren't tracking your IP address when you logged in eh? Might get yourself into trouble.
11/07/2021 10:43 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Bear
Silabear
pretty sure they do (servers, new login locations etc)
10/26/2021 6:20 amhistory
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Bear
Silabear
1. Giveawaying accounts is ILLEGAL
2. Any kind of identity at all, SCAM

I wouldn’t be surprised if literally everyone who entered got the same message and it is all a scam. Stay safe out there.
10/26/2021 7:47 amhistory
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
They probably also all got given the same Minecraft account login too. I guess first contestant to crack the security questions wins!

(That is until the original owner of the account realises what's happened and contacts Mojang with their billing information to get the account rightfully returned.)
10/24/2021 11:25 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
SackHandMann
its probably a scam, usually with these things they say you need to enter your phone number after and send a sms, aka get a 18$ a week subscribtion you dont want and is impossible to cancel. and no you dont get a account after that
10/24/2021 10:11 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
a real giveaway would just send you a code to activate an account, anything asking for identity is either a scam or phishing
10/24/2021 7:57 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Pig
FizzyJuice
idk sorry i'm guessing that it's illegal to distribute accounts
10/24/2021 8:25 am
Level 1 : New Miner
ErioniX
Uhhhhhhhhhh. Is it illegal?
10/26/2021 5:32 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Engineer
Max_G
No because the givaway didn't cost anything and it isn't for commercial use. It's a gift more than anything.
10/24/2021 11:06 am
lloyddominic26
It's best to just stick with the official documents (Minecraft's Terms of Service (TOS) and End-User License Agreement (EULA)) instead to avoid confusion and be safe.

According to Minecraft's EULA:

The one major rule is that you must not distribute anything we've made unless we specifically agree to it. By "distribute anything we've made" what we mean is:
  • give copies of our Game to anyone else;
  • make commercial use of anything we've made;
  • try to make money from anything we've made; or
  • let other people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable;

unless we specifically agree to it. And so that we are crystal clear, "the Game" or "what we have made" includes, but is not limited to, the client or the server software for our Game and includes Minecraft and Minecraft: Java Edition on all platforms.

It's a bit vague if distribution of accounts is allowed, but (re)distributing the game (as in the Minecraft client or server) is certainly prohibited, although any account that is distributed without the consent of the owner is illegal.
10/24/2021 8:35 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc3692897
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome