I lost Minecraft. Please help

Retlocs's Avatar Retlocs β€’ 10/20/19 12:06 pm
3 emeralds 333 3
10/22/2019 7:37 am
BRASHEXODUS's Avatar BRASHEXODUS
Hi. I'm a PC/Java Edition player. I wanted to play the old version of Minecraft on my Windows 10 laptop because I liked how the grass was always green and the old cobblestone look was nostalgic. However, for some reason, I could not open a version of Minecraft past 1.7.5. So, in attempt to fix this, I went to the launcher settings and told it to launch the old version of itself. It told me that the launcher needed to restart and I did just that. However, after the launcher updated itself, it will no longer start. I have restarted my computer, repaired the launcher, reinstalled Minecraft Launcher multiple times, persistently tried to open it over and over and it still won't happen.

Can anyone help me? Please? Does anyone have another way I can open Minecraft? Or a solution to my problem? I'm desperate.\
Thank you
Retlocs
Level 1 : New Miner