home Forumsplay_arrow Help play_arrow Java Edition

I'm Having Issues With Running Any Minecraft Versions Prior To 1.14 In The Vanilla Launcher

2 emeralds9 replies87 views
created 07/12/2019 8:51 pm by blackneos940
last reply 07/13/2019 6:00 pm
Hey guys! :) So this is my first post here (I think)... Let me start out by saying that I have some experience in Java, but mostly in other Programming Languages like C# and Ruby and C, etc.. So, any errors that pop up are still kinda foreign to me. :\ Basically, when I try to launch Minecraft, downloading Version 1.12.2, it crashes, and won't let me view the log. However, I deduced that the appropriate log would be in my .minecraft Directory. :) I'll attach it to my post. :) For context, I'm using Ubuntu 19.04, and just downloaded the Client fresh from their Server(s)! :D Everything works flawlessly, until I try and download any older versions. :( I can play 1.14 just fine, but alas... :( I tried searching Online, and found answers that say to do things like create a separate Directory, delete options.txt, etc., but I tried all that. :\ Nothing is working... I want to play the latest Version, but I also want to use mods that support at most 1.12.2. Any ideas guys? :) I'm going to try this in Windows and eliminate any potential options. :) Thanks for your help... *Bows*
Posted by avatar
blackneos940
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

9 replies

07/13/2019 5:29 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
thismanwantsmods
I used to have this problem, my fix was reinstalling minecraft, but i think a better fix is moving mods out of the mods folder until it works again. (if you have mods) or reseting your PC/Mac as the VERY LAST RESORT. That is, if you are that desperate, but first try other things.
07/13/2019 5:58 pm
blackneos940
Yeah, those are good suggestions. :) Or, as we say in Linux Land, "nuke 'n pave". XD Well, using MultiMC worked for me, so I guess this case is closed. ;)
07/13/2019 2:47 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Fisherman
Gilran
I use different directories to different versions of modded minecraft. I have 1.7.10 - 1.12.2 - and 1.14.3 directories. I making copies from .minecraft and rename them for example .minercraft_1710 and then I putting the version compatible modding in this directories. Then I change the starting folders to these in the launcher. This is the only mode to avoid a messed minecraft.
07/13/2019 4:23 pm
blackneos940
Funny thing is I tried that. :) Well, I think I did, but now I DEFINITELY know what the problem is: everything works fine under Windows 10, but in Ubuntu 19.04, that's where I'm having the issue. :\ So it may be something with OpenJDK.....
07/13/2019 2:14 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Birb
leafbirb
perhaps try deleting all the folders in the versions folder in .minecraft, or logging in and out of your account
and perhaps keep the output log open while you launch the game to spot any errors?
07/13/2019 4:27 pm
blackneos940
Yeah, I tried that. But as I found out and posted above, it seems to be a Linux issue, specifically, an OpenJDK issue. :\ So I'll try to use Oracle's Java, but the bundled Java Runtime with the Launcher doesn't work either. I'll post the output under Linux. :)
07/13/2019 2:08 amhistory
Level 19 : Journeyman Princess
star_weaver
try using multimc
multimc.org/
07/13/2019 6:00 pm
blackneos940
Yep, it worked! :) Something with the Client for Ubuntu, since they .exe for Windows worked just fine. :\
07/13/2019 4:27 pm
blackneos940
I'll try that out, but something tells me it's not going to work. :\ But, alas, I'll give it a go. :)

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome