I Need Help Destroying/Disabling My Command Block

Mera_JK's Avatar Mera_JK7/15/19 10:33 pm
7/21/2019 12:21 pm
agentmw's Avatar agentmw
So recently I have been working on a server just for me to mess around on, I had made a house, a little mining area, a farm etc etc... After doing all this I found another place that I wanted to take over and transform into a little house or base of mine, but it was far from my house, so I decided to make a custom portal using a couple different commands (effect, teleport , etc...). In doing so I made it to where if I stepped on a specific block it would teleport me to another block across the map, but my command block has either gone haywire or I messed up the commands and now when I try to go near said location for my new base it just teleports me instantly to the wrong coordinates. Now I need a solution to this problem, how do I disable, destroy, or replace the command blocks to where I can restart my little portal commands. I tried MCedit, either it isn't in good condition or my computer can't handle it and so I can't use it. I also don't know the specific coordinates of the command blocks. Please help me find a way to get rid of those command blocks so I can enjoy that part of the world again.
Mera_JK
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/16/2019 11:45 am
Level 23 : Expert Crafter
agentmw
I had a similar problem but i fixed it easily with a mod called world edit and i did //replacenear 1000 commandblocks air
07/16/2019 1:52 pm
Mera_JK
agentmw Do you know where I can find the same mod you have that contains world edit if so can you edit your comment and leave the link to the website and I will figure it out from there.
07/21/2019 12:21 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crafter
agentmw
what version are you on??
07/16/2019 3:27 am
Rayyan753
I don't know if this is going to work with your circumstances, but I was in a similar situation. My command block would teleport the closest player to a block. But it went haywire and continuously teleported me there. I found out that the command block has a max distance. So I started flying up in creative, and it stopped teleporting me. I then dropped tnt onto my command block so it would disable the redstone. I don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me.
07/16/2019 1:51 pm
Mera_JK
Rayyan753 Thank you for this info, if agentmw's idea doesn't work with the world edit ill definitely try this.
07/15/2019 10:57 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
GalacticMelody
I've had something like that happen to me before and what you might need to do is look through the world files to find the command block statements and change them from enabled to disabled or true to false, something like that and that might work. Not sure though
07/15/2019 10:59 pm
Mera_JK
GalacticMelody Ok, I have seen this before where you have to go into the files and change command blocks to disabled but I don't know how to get to said file to change it, in other words I don't know how to get to the place to disable it.
07/15/2019 10:40 pmhistory
Level 70 : Legendary Sailor
Rhines
Are you, by chance, using Minecraft realms? If not, this might help you. (Or just look it up?)
07/15/2019 10:42 pmhistory
Mera_JK
Rhines No, I'm using a regular single player world. I also have already seen the thread and looked it up, but no one seems to have done something so complicated before and this is my punishment for trying it. So my last stop was here if I can't find anyone that wants to share how to help I will give up because I have tried everything I can think of.
07/16/2019 8:13 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Sailor
Rhines
Here's a WorldEdit link, which seems to probably be the most viable option to you. However, for the post above, the link I shared gives instructions on how exactly to disable command blocks. Lemme just pull up a quote of it to be more helpful c:

WorldEdit: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/worldedit/files

"This is a little out of your way probably, because it takes more work than the reward possibly, but you could download a basic Minecraft server off of the website (Minecraft.net). Place the jar in a folder and run the jar. Accept the eula in the eula.txt when it appears. Then, drag your work from MC to the server folder and open server.properties with notepad. In there, change 'world=' to the name of your world. Run the server and connect (You can just use private ipv4 or ipv6 IP). If all goes well, the server.properties should have disabled command blocks, so it cannot run anymore. If not, go into server.properties and turn off command blocks. When you have broken it, close the server with /stop in the console and drag the world back to Minecraft!"
- sourced from https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/230720/how-to-stop-a-command-block-that-is-constantly-killing-me
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome