Is there any limit to how many enchantments i can put on a weapon/item?

heythere12's Avatar heythere128/24/19 1:17 am
1 emeralds 11.9k 6
8/26/2019 4:06 pm
Ytsankics's Avatar Ytsankics
okay so i have a sword which i enchanted with the enchantment table and before i start using my anvil to enchant my sword i need to know if i can only add one extra enchantment so i can determine which enchantment i want more
heythere12
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/26/2019 4:06 pm
Ytsankics
So it's finnicky but yes there's a "limit". Nothing can be enchanted past lvl 39, after that it just says "too expensive" in the anvil. Depending on how the enchant was made too, say by book, can drastically increase that too. So for example, putting Mending first on a sword might cost let's say 5 levels. The next enchant, let's say Looting III, might cost 11 levels. This will keep increasing on that one sword until it can no longer expect anymore because the next enchant exceeds lvl 39. The minecraft wiki breaks it down some more but that's the jist of enchanting.

IMO, in your enchanting table, look at what might go on you sword, in this example. If the name isn't something you want, enchant a book at the lowest level, and then put the sword back in and see again what you might get. There's no guarantee you'll get multiple enchantments at once, but you can guarantee at least one and not have it cost bonkers. Hope this helps!
08/25/2019 3:26 am
Level 82 : Elite Programmer
TheDiamondPlayables
There is something called Too Expensive on anvils. Which is why I make Blacksmithing.
08/24/2019 2:12 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Once you enchant your item on the enchanting table, thats it. You cant enchant through it anymore.
The only option then is to use enchanted books and an anvil
08/24/2019 1:20 pm
heythere12
yes my question was, is there any limit to how many enchanted books i can use on my sword?
08/24/2019 9:27 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Theres no limit (I think), but you cant combine some enchantments with each other.
Like sharpness and smite
08/25/2019 2:44 am
heythere12
gotcha
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome