My pc cant sign in to any minecraft account [SOLVED]

Eetunen2's Avatar Eetunen26/28/20 12:48 pm
2 emeralds 2.4k 10
7/3/2020 12:43 am
Eetunen2's Avatar Eetunen2
Im unable to login to any minecraft account on the launcher or minecraft.net.

THIS ISSUE IS ONLY FOR MY PC and i can sign in normally with other pc/mobile devices using the same internet connection.

Old launcher gives this error (SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to reguested target) , and new launcher just says incorrect login info. as for minecraft.net when trying to login, the button goes from green to dark but nothing happens, not even an error.

would be thankfull for any possible fixes for this

i have had mcleaks previously installed on my pc(brothers doings) but i havent used it my self, it is on mojang mode though.

Things i have tried include; reinstalling minecraft, updating java, disabling antivirus and windows defender, with and without vpn, and various other more or less obvious or random things.

if i missed anything from this lenghty block of text then ask.
Eetunen2
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2020 6:49 pm
Eetunen2
Found a fix thanks to somebody from minecraft forums, here is exactly what he told me and it worked. thanks for the help anyway

"MCLeaks (and other "free alt" sites) are illegal and stop you from being able to login to minecraft.net. Delete MCLeaks fully, then delete the 2 lines from your HOSTs file that relate to Mojang.

To edit your Host file, please do the following: Go to the Start Menu and locate notepad. Right click notepad and select Run as Administrator.
Press File, then Open. Enter %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts as the "File name" and press "Open"

You will also need to change your Minecraft account's password to avoid having your account compromised, as MCLeaks will have stolen your login credentials to eventually claim your account as one of their "free" alts."
06/28/2020 6:51 pm
Eetunen2
btw is there a way to close the thread or something, never been here before
06/28/2020 7:30 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
As suggested by set_135 change your title to read :

My pc cant sign in to any minecraft account [Solved]

06/28/2020 7:07 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blacksmith
set_135
I've seen other people edit their titles to say (fixed) or (resolved) or something so people can know that the thread is done taking suggestions and if someone elts is haveing the same problem they can find your solution.
06/28/2020 6:05 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
I assume you are using the Vanilla launcher ? Whilst its always something we don't look forward to, if you are willing to learn using a different minecraft launcher, one that is safe to use, this one is very easy to learn :

You could try the MultiMC launcher available here : https://multimc.org/
Install it, run it, right-click on the empty window and choose 'create instance', choose the minecraft version from the list that pops up and then run the instance. You will be asked to put account details in just before it'll run - this is a safe launcher to use, it does not work unless you have purchased a minecraft account. If you want to add Forge, here is a small document (open with Wordpad) which shows how to do that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns1umzd70ustano/MultiMChelp2.zip?dl=1
06/28/2020 6:41 pm
Eetunen2
i did what you suggested and tried to add an account but it gives me this error:
Error! MCLeaks ALT-Token has to be 16 chars long! You want to turn OFF MCLeaks? Visit mcleaks FAQ

i did as insructed to no help since my the mcleaks authenticator is and allways were set to mojang and changing it to mcleaks and then back does nothing, so it seems mcleaks is somehow stuck on even though i can not conceive of how. could this have happened due to my brother maybe trying to login to a mojang acc while mcleaks was on since it does warn not to do so.
07/03/2020 12:43 am
Eetunen2
i did what you suggested and tried to add an account but it gives me this error:
Error! MCLeaks ALT-Token has to be 16 chars long! You want to turn OFF MCLeaks? Visit (Link removed)

i did as insructed to no help since my the mcleaks authenticator is and allways were set to mojang and changing it to mcleaks and then back does nothing, so it seems mcleaks is somehow stuck on even though i can not conceive of how. could this have happened due to my brother maybe trying to login to a mojang acc while mcleaks was on since it does warn not to do so.
06/28/2020 1:01 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Crafter
Bingusalt
Yeah, thats never happend to me so you probabaly got locked out.
06/28/2020 1:42 pm
Eetunen2
locked out? if you mean my account got locked i clearly stated that i can sign in with other devices like my phone and brothers pc
06/28/2020 12:57 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
Ijd
sounds like its an account problem, maybe you mightve gotten locked out.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome