Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

My skin and everyone else's won't load.

1 emeralds1 reply75 views
created 07/17/2019 12:22 am by KaiBai
last reply 07/17/2019 8:59 am
Hello, I've recently been having a problem where everyone's skins including my own either appear as Steve or Alex. I play 1.14.3 and everything above 1.8.9 won't let me see skins. I have been having this issue for about 2 months now and it has been annoying me because I like to create skins and see them in-game. Though, with this issue, I can't do that. I have tried restarting Minecraft and even restarting my computer, nothing works. Not a single thing I've tried has worked for it. All I can say is that this started happening when Minecraft wouldn't let me play because files were missing, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft. It worked for files and such, but my skin wasn't appearing along with others. Everyone else can see mine, but I can't see my own. If anyone is able to help, that would be appreciated.
Posted by avatar
KaiBai
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

1 reply

07/17/2019 8:59 am
Level 1 : New Network
Nauj
So usually when you reinstall minecraft, it only deletes the launcher, as the original minecraft files are located at %appdata% which im sure you should know. So try deleting the .minecraft folder inside your %appdata% folder. If that doesnt work, open your minecraft launcher and go to installations on the top next to play, where you will find the versions of minecraft which you will have installed. If you dont have any installations on the minecraft launcher, click new (if you do skip this part) and select your version and then click more options, which then you will see JVM arguments. You will see something like this -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M. Delete everything there except for -Xmx2G, and according to the ammount of ram you have on your computer, basically the muscle on your computer (You can see how much you have by going to the control panel on your computer, click on system and security, go down to system, and you will see your system specs. For minecraft, you want to use more ram, so switch the -Xmx2G into like -Xmx4G, or something like that, but make sure you dont put a number bigger than the ammount of ram that you have on your computer. Let me know if none of this works, in which case I will try to give you more tips.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome