Nothing exciting on my map?!

NickClappie2112's Avatar NickClappie211211/8/19 12:11 pm
2 emeralds 159 6
11/8/2019 4:24 pm
IndyJacksonTT's Avatar IndyJacksonTT
Ok, so I'm new to all of this so bear with me. I may have to do a little exposition before I get into the issue I have at hand...

So got Minecraft in like mid-August and had been playing for like two months. I had a decent house, got some diamonds, had a farm, got some rare shit, all that jazz. In the middle of October I got a new laptop, and with that a long process of having to redownload stuff from my previous computer. In fear that I would lose everything, I made note of the seed of my world so I could recreate it. On a side note, I think there was a new update or something for the Java Edition, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, I downloaded the Minecraft starter on my new computer, signed back in, and made a new map with my old seed. Sadly, everything was wiped out from before. It sucked, but ya gotta move on; I figured I'd challenge myself in building a better house. This is where things start to get weird. As I traveled around the vicinity of the spawnpoint, I noticed that there were no shipwreck underwater. Didn't think much about it, but then I also noticed that there were no underwater temples either. I even went to the nearest desert biome and found no temples. I would boat around for so long and not find one single structure or even a village. Moreover, when exploring caves or mining around, I can't find any mine shafts either. It's as if all these structure don't exist anymore. Is this because of the new update? Is it because I'm using the same seed as before? Definitely need some answers because I haven't got a clue as to why there are not interesting things in my world anymore. Someone please enlighten the noob in the chat. Thanks a bunch!

Best,

NickClappie2112
NickClappie2112
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/08/2019 4:18 pmhistory
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
There is quite some misunderstanding here.
A seed is just a binary thing that the minecraft randomizer uses to create worlds. Same seeds cause same random-ness. As versions evolve, the randomness belonging to that seed does too. The seed itself has absolutely nothing to do with the blocks that appear in game, it's just a hint/recipe for the world generator. It also has nothing to do with what kind of structures are generated. That being said, you can easily copy your old world over from your previous computer.

Do windows + R, type %appdata% and hit enter. In the .minecraft > saves folder you'll find your world. Put the folder of your world on an USB stick and plug it into your new computer. Repeat the same process there, but drop it in the saves folder this time.
You should probably make a back-up too.

Now launch the latest version and join the world. See if everything is still there, no weirdness going on, no chunk errors or other very obvious errors. Very unlikely if you've been playing a recent release, but might happen if you were on an old one for a very long time.

In case the old world was of an old version and you want all the fun new stuff to be generated
Then use this website to turn all coordinates of places you love into "Region information" numbers. Create a list of must-keep places, indicated by the calculated numbers. Now go in the saves folder > [​your world] > region. Delete all files NOT on that list. With every file you delete, you get 512 x 512 x 256 blocks of freshly generated chunks using the latest version algorithm. A disadvantage is that there might not be a smooth transition from the existing chunks to the new chunks. There could be sharp edges between biomes, rivers could be cut off with a straight wall of dirt and mountains could be halved.
You can do all this for coordinates in the nether (corresponding to the DIM-1 folder) and the end (DIM1 folder) too!
(If you don't care about those dimensions, why not throw both folders away in their entirety?)
11/08/2019 1:05 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Bard Bard
You probably turned off generated structures when you created the world.
11/08/2019 1:21 pm
NickClappie2112
shit you may be right. Let's say I go to the menu and select the world and press recreate. Will it wipe out all my shit again? Better ask first before I act.
11/08/2019 3:19 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
If you learned how to use mcedit you could move your house to a copy of the world with structures.
11/08/2019 3:32 pm
NickClappie2112
u think I can find vids on Youtube on how to do that?
11/08/2019 4:24 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
Just download mcedit, its pretty easy to use.
Just select your structure and copy it to a new world.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome