Old Minecraft save has no buildings

Critterweaver's Avatar Critterweaver5/22/19 8:35 pm
5/24/2019 10:59 pm
Critterweaver's Avatar Critterweaver
Hello,

I recently got nostalgic and busted out some old minecraft saves (from 2013). Upon loading I was eventually able to find where I had built my home base, but there were no buildings there. I had my items from last time, and I spawned inside a wall under my base so presumably it remembered where I was located, but all my structures and digging were gone.

Does anyone know why this happened, and if there is some way to reverse it? At the time I copied the entire folder for the world and saved it on a harddrive. I don't have the original computer the worlds were built on, just these backups. I can upload a copy of the backups if that would help, as well as the location where my structures should be.

Thanks for your help!

-Critterweaver.
Critterweaver
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/22/2019 9:06 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer
BabyBlueberry
If you want to look at those worlds again I advise downloading the last version of Minecraft used when you actually used that world. I've found that the new updates don't seem to play horribly well with worlds from past updates - it seems to refresh the seed. If that doesn't work, then I'm really not sure what to tell you - corrupted world? Maybe? Probably not the right term but something along those lines.
05/24/2019 10:59 pm
Critterweaver
You're right. I've tried using the version I think I played the world in (1.6.4, I played in August 2013) but it still only yields a blank version of my old world. Anything after that and I have an entirely new seed.

Thanks for the comment!
05/22/2019 8:38 pm
Critterweaver
If you want more information I don't remember the exact version of minecraft I was playing on, but I think it was something like 1.6.3. If I open the files on anything after this version of minecraft it reloads the seed entirely. I have several backups of this world from different points in my progress, and in each one my inventory is different. However only one creates the world properly (ie the landscape near my base coordinates are as I remember them). The game files was created on a windows computer.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome