People can't connect and I know why (technical issues)

KitKqtEnderheart's Avatar KitKqtEnderheart9/21/15 7:25 am
1 emeralds 210 1
11/1/2015 3:49 pm
sean555happy's Avatar sean555happy
Long story short, my computer is missing something in its firewall settings.

PLEASE NOTE: I could not test this myself because I only have 1 PC, the one I was hosting the server on. I do not have access to a credit card or a Paypal with any money in it, so I could not pay for a server myself. (Do not link hosting sites here- I'm trying to localhost this).

Error to anyone connecting outside of localhost: Connection refused- no further information OR Connection timed out.

I researched this problem and found a solution on Youtube, but my computer does not have the option to fix this.

POSSIBLE PROBLEM #1: PORT FORWARDING- After researching, I figured out how to port forward my Belkin router. People still had issues connecting.

POSSIBLE PROBLEM #2: INTERNAL VS. EXTERNAL IP- I used NoIP to make my IP not weird. People still couldn't connect.

POSSIBLE PROBLEM #3: FIREWALL- This is the issue. I disabled all firewalls and people still could not connect, so I checked the incoming rules (for incoming IPs). I was missing something. I am supposed to have 2 rules along the lines of Java(TM) Platform SE Binary, which I should allow ALL incoming connections on. Well, my computer does not have either of them. I tried manually doing this (adding the program to the list) with no luck. (I'm also supposed to allow both TCP and UDP connections on the ports I use, which I did, but I do not think it is necessary- please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running Windows Vista Home Edition (64-bit) with Java 8 (64-Bit), a Belkin router (I can find model number if necessary, but I am currently not at home), Minecraft server version Spigot 1.7.10 (1649- the 1.8 protocol hack), and Panda Internet Security (maybe it has a built-in firewall that is blocking it? I have no clue). I've disabled both router and computer Firewall, WAN ping blocking on my router (pretty much an extra layer of DDoS protection), and port forwarded (25565). There is no whitelist and the port is set to 25565 in server.properties. If you need any more information, please let me know. Thank you for any and all help possible!
KitKqtEnderheart
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer