Syncing worlds between PC's

Xioto's Avatar Xioto4/2/20 5:49 am
2 emeralds 364 3
4/2/2020 10:52 am
ZonkedCompanion's Avatar ZonkedCompanion
Hi,
I was wondering if there was any way to sync worlds between computers
So that if I made a change in a world on my laptop, it would also change on my computer.
Any help would be appreciated,
Xioto
Xioto
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/02/2020 5:53 am
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
how do i delete account
I don't think there would be any easy and clean way of doing that. If you could perhaps upload the files on to the local network and have minecraft run from the network, but depending on how good the connection is, it would be rather laggy.
04/02/2020 10:06 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Xioto
Ok, thank you very much that. we do have a server, so that will be a possibility to try
04/02/2020 10:52 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
ZonkedCompanion
Not sure how you could store your single player minecraft worlds in a network location really.

The worlds are stored in the minecraft directory in app data in your user files on your machine. If you COULD somehow map this location to a network location then I am not sure it would work. It would most likely lag like hell due to slow read/write speeds and latency across the network.

Also can you imagine the disaster if someone opened minecraft on another machine using the same network location at the same time? Lord only knows what would happen to the save files!

I think what you want is a minecraft server. Add the single player worlds you want to "sync" to a vanilla mc server, and then you can connect to it from any machine within that network simultaneously. If you port forward and whitelist it you could even access it from anywhere in the world if you wanted to. Probably the most practical solution!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome