Tried to live with this problem but I broke down so now I'm asking help on how to fix the problem.

Achilliad123's Avatar Achilliad1236/24/19 11:14 am history
6/25/2019 12:43 am
Geforce's Avatar Geforce
So my pc is relatively decent, I can play rocket league on max settings with around 60fps so I'm just dumbfounded about a game with 16x16 textures using blocks can only play at 30fps with some mods. Oh and without mods I get 40-50 fps.

What I know
- Yes I know about allocating more ram and I've put about 4-5gb ram.
- Minecraft does detect my gpu if I look and use Optifine, and Optifine doesn't increase performance. (I've tried and people use that as a solution way too much)
- Minecraft use about 30-40% of my cpu while playing. (Not while generating new worlds etc.)
- When I use shaders it doesn't affect my games fps too much.
- I've reinstalled the game 3 times.
- Yes I have the latest drivers.
- I get about 100-120 fps on bedrock edition so it tells me it's java specific.
- I'm using low settings so keep that in mind.

I've been trying to live with it for half a year now but I've started to become reeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy annoyed at the fact that the fps is low and I finally broke down and have decided to look for help on this forum. I find minecraft a great game and java is just outdated but I need the mods to make the the game feel fresh and unique.

specs
gpu - radeon rx 470 4gb
cpu - i5-3330 3GHz
ram- 8gb

Edit: Problem is pretty much solved. Basically wiped my pc and reinstalled my drivers and I'm hoping this thread may help other people with these types of fps problems.
Achilliad123
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/25/2019 12:37 amhistory
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
ChickenMac7
OptiFine on its own won't help, you have to change settings for it to make a difference. Make sure you're not using power saver mode, and that other applications aren't hammering your hardware. Make sure you're using dual channel RAM configuration. If that doesn't work, upgrade you're hardware. Your specs should be good enough, but if you've done everything else then it must be that. If it's a problem with your hardware, I would guess it's RAM (assuming it's single channel, check BIOS) or your CPU. It doesn't make sense for it to be a hardware issue assuming you're running in dual channel mode.

I have a 1600 @3.8GHz, 16GB Dual Channel @2133MHz, and an RX 580 @1380MHz. Flying around in a world in 1.14.3 at 16 chunks with everything else turned up, I average about 100-200 fps. If I am in a jungle, I average 70-120 fps. Looking down I will get 400 fps. With properly configured settings in OptiFine I get ~35% more performance.

EDIT: Make sure Minecraft doesn't allocate 100% of your RAM; if it does, allocate more. I have 8GB allocated, as it frequently allocates 70%+.
06/24/2019 1:28 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
06/24/2019 12:34 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Could you post a screenshot with the F3 debug screen enabled? Knowing the list of mods that you have installed may also be helpful. Did you try lowering your render distance or turning off mipmapping in your video settings?

Like Sir_Craftypants said, are you sure that your drivers are updated? A lot of times, people use some type of "driver manager" that comes with their PC, and it's usually wrong when it comes to detecting if you're using outdated drivers or not (ironically). Here are the latest drivers for an RX 470. You could also try installing that and seeing if that helps anything. :)

(P.S. Just correcting a myth before posting this comment, but a lot of people also seem to think that Minecraft should run really well because of its low texture resolutions. Yes, its textures may not be the most detailed, but the game definitely makes up for that savings in processing power in other areas. Minecraft, especially in the last few updates, isn't exactly a lightweight game anymore.)
06/25/2019 12:10 amhistory
Achilliad123
Ok so this is what I did, I reset my pc (factory reset), then I reinstalled my drivers, instantly installed minecraft and started up vanilla minecraft so that made no difference.

F3 menu screenshot:
https://imgur.com/gallery/QPctoFw

Not sure what you can do with this info but heck if it helps then go ahead.
06/25/2019 12:33 amhistory
Achilliad123
Oh I noticed that vsync was on so I turned it off and I finally am getting high fps, it fluctuates for sure but now I'm finally getting what I've wanted.
06/25/2019 12:43 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Ah, yes, Vsync will definitely lower your FPS, haha. Glad you got it fixed.
06/24/2019 12:43 pm
Level 48 : Master Dinosaur
Sir_Craftypants
And it's inevitable that it will continue to require more performance from our rigs in the future, maybe not as demanding as the more graphically challenging games out there but still.
06/24/2019 11:24 amhistory
Sir_Craftypants
Who is your Broadband provider, are you ADSL or Fibre?
Are you playing on Wifi or Ethernet?

It's definitely not caused by your CPU or Ram, i'm unsure of your GPU as I always use Nvidia Gforce.

I play via Ethernet, Wifi was never invented for Online Gaming so some players see issues around the use of Wifi when gaming..

If the problems occurring offline then I think it may be your GPU or a driver issue.
06/24/2019 12:34 pm
Achilliad123
The problem is offline, yeah I've always found that amd gpu's are finecky. For example I can't really use Obs with my gpu soI always have to use my cpu. I'm planning to upgrade to an nvidea gpu mainly because they have a better physics engine and etc.
06/24/2019 12:48 pmhistory
Sir_Craftypants
Even if a driver is an up to date driver, it doesn't mean it's the most stable or most compatible for certain games. it's advisable to try at least the last 3 or so official drivers.

Also are you using Shaders? this can impact FPS, dependant on the ones you're using.

The average FPS on Minecraft with your card is around 110 at high settings, around 225 at low settings..
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome