Unable to load certain save; help

nullptr's Avatar nullptr2/18/20 1:48 am
2 emeralds 180 5
2/18/2020 7:11 pm
icephantom's Avatar icephantom
I am trying to load the following save:

https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/california-1-100-quickmap/

I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and then placed it into my "saves" folder. I did this on my MacBook. This is how to play downloaded world saves, correct?

After following those steps, when I load the map I am spawned in a default (not custom) world that is different from the one I downloaded in the link.

I don't know how to get this save to load properly, or perhaps it is loading properly but I am unable to find where the map is when it is loaded up?

How would you get this map to run on your computer?

I appreciate any help. Thanks.
nullptr
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/18/2020 4:56 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
I tried the map from the link you downloaded, and had a similar issue. It doesn't appear as though all the correct folders are present, and you are unsure of which version it comes from because it doesn't let you know.
However, look for the light-blue 'Direct Download (zip)' button on this link :

https://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/wbkTH#/7640/64/64/-10/0/0

This is the same world, but with all the missing data and folders present. From this version of the map, you know that it's been created in MC 1.12.2, so that's the version you need to use to open it.
02/18/2020 6:55 pm
nullptr
I appreciate the help! However, the same issue still persists even when the missing files are present and when MC 1.12.2 is used.
02/18/2020 7:11 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Ok, just to double-check with you, when I first unzip the map into the saves folder, then I go into the map for the first time, this is the view I get :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7qjew92cvj4c1p/Californiamap.png?dl=0

I've checked with MCEdit and I get exactly the same view, so I have to assume that what I'm looking at is the map that I downloaded.
02/18/2020 2:48 am
Level 40 : Master Kitten
BubblesAndSuch
Chances are you might be spawning outside the terrain. You can try teleporting to random coordinates and try to land on it.

/tp username 5000 100 6000 will teleport you to x=5000 z=6000 (you can leave the 100 how it is)

Another alternative would be to open in world in the map editor McEdit. It has a top down view where you can see all the chunks in a world. If you can't find it in McEdit, you know for sure the world file is messed up.
02/18/2020 2:42 pm
nullptr
I used MC Edit. I found that in MC Edit the terrain loads properly there, but when the save is loaded in-game, I spawn in a completely different map.

I loaded it release 1.8 and the most recent release.

It works on MC Edit but not in-game? I get spawned in a completely different map in-game. What could be causing this? Any thoughts?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome