Votifier dynamic IP help

opatijac's Avatar opatijac12/2/19 3:08 pm
2 emeralds 272 9
12/3/2019 10:07 pm
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
Hello, I have a dynamic IP so I got a domain to prevent problems with hosting a server.
My minecraft server IP is extraterrestrialmc.ddns.net and when I put it into votifier address it changes into my IP.
The problem is that my IP changes every few hours and then my votifier doesn't work anymore. is there a way to bind my domain to votifier which is constant and not my IP which changes every few hours?

Please can anyone help me to solve this issue.

Thank you.
opatijac
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/02/2019 11:46 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
This line in the help for Votifier gives a clue : "host value is set to the value of server-ip in server.properties by default if a value is specified, otherwise host is set to 0.0.0.0. "

This suggests if you look in your 'server.properties' file, which you will find in the root folder of your server, and look for the setting :
'server-ip' - set it to read :

server-ip = extraterrestrialmc.ddns.net

You may need to reset or re-install votifier for it to pick this up, or maybe it'll just work. I don't know, I don't use votifier myself.
12/03/2019 7:33 am
opatijac
I did what you said but now I cant start the server.
In the console it says: "FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
the exception was: java.net.bindException: cannot assign requested address:bind
Perhaps a server is already running on that port?"

Any tips? what is causing the issue?

thanks
12/03/2019 3:54 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Not without setting the plugin up myself ....... but it looks like it won't accept a url, only an actual IP, and if that's the case, then I am unable to see a solution ........ sorry.
12/03/2019 11:45 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
do not touch anything when it comes to that setting
12/03/2019 2:30 pm
opatijac
I know, just trying to find a way for planetminecraft to use my domain and not my dynamic IP
12/03/2019 10:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
try https://www.noip.com/free unless that system has been completely changed it should allow you to have a domain name that auto-updates with a dynamic ip, if that doesn't work send me a pm and ill help get something set up
12/02/2019 3:52 pmhistory
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
A Dynamic IP changes, but a static one doesn't. Change the IP into a static IP Address, and this problem will probably be fixed.
12/03/2019 6:59 am
opatijac
The problem is that my ISP provider doesn't offer a static IP address, so I am looking for an alternative solution
12/02/2019 5:00 pm
Level 26 : Expert Crafter
partykid4
Most ISP's either offer Static IP Addresses at a premium, or just don't offer them at all.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome