A bit of a weird occurance.

Vlokecraft's Avatar Vlokecraft6/24/19 11:33 am
6/26/2019 1:26 pm
bhfdh's Avatar bhfdh
Hello,

I am the owner of a small private minecraft server. In this server, nobody except me has access to the console or anything else to that matter. Today, i logged on to see my server as it is supposed to be (With a few zombie pigmen from the nether portal, no big deal). However, during broad daylight, there was lots of lightning. Then, I looked outside of my base and saw 3 equal packs of trap skeleton horse jockeys. Same armour, Same bows. I am wondering if this is normal.

Thanks,
Vlokecraft

P.S. People have been talking about killing me for my loot for a while now. Could this be the cause?
Vlokecraft
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/24/2019 11:51 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
You are a lucky bastard!
Those are skeleton horses and can only spawn if you're playing on Normal or Hard mode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I remember it, you have to be near, or at a plains biome, there has to be a thunder storm, and that will give you a 0,5% chance of them spawning (If you're on hard mode)
If you're playing on normal, then it's even more rare as it drops to 0,2% chance for spawning as I remember it :p

So you're in no way unlucky seeing that happen on a vanilla survival server. And no, it has nothing to do with people wanting your loot :)
06/24/2019 9:52 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Solespawn
I have yet for that to happen for me! Lucky!
06/24/2019 11:53 pmhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
I don't know oif those horse traps can spawn without a thunderstorm nearby, but they do always, and I mean ALWAYS have the same armor, so that part isn't special. Lucky to have 3 of those traps though.

Well maybe the skeleton horse traps were activated, causing 3 lightning bolts to be realised.
06/25/2019 4:09 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
If the horse traps were spawned during a thunderstorm (since ended) but left in unloaded chunks you may have activated them when you logged in… (Activation range is supposed to be 10 blocks, so one would need to be close.)

Three at once is rare, but I've seen this in vanilla survival.
That they would [likely] need to have been in chunks that loaded when you logged on suggests someone may have 'helped' matters...
(I'm unclear about whether lightning from channeling tridents works and can not find a clear source. )

[The biome does not matter; I've seen these spawn from strikes mid-ocean.]
06/25/2019 2:50 pm
Level 24 : Expert Pixel Painter
OmegaVortex
It's VERY rare, but it's possible.
06/26/2019 11:23 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Vlokecraft
Wow! Thank you so much! I was not suspecting so many replies. To TomConn; Yes, I am very lucky, I am playing on normal.

Thanks!
06/26/2019 11:25 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
I once had three skeleton horses near each other on PhrozenCookie 🤔 seemed a weird thing to me too but they must've spawned on their own.
06/26/2019 12:35 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Captain-Chicken
plugin
06/26/2019 12:37 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Mynic
I thought they removed that feature, huh neat.
06/26/2019 1:26 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
bhfdh
This is normal from version 1.9, if lighting strikes horse, it spawns 3 skeleton horsemen
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome