Can only connect to my server on my local network

N3ther's Avatar N3ther10/21/19 8:37 pm
2 emeralds 706 5
10/30/2019 5:48 pm
Laggiest's Avatar Laggiest
Currently I'm attempting to move my server over from a hosting company to my own machine, and I've ran into a bit of a problem.

I'm not sure why, but I cannot connect with my public IP. I can only connect with my local IP, which will not work for things like domains. I have the firewall allowing traffic through port 25565, set a static IP for my laptop, and I also have port forwarding to the server's machine on my router. I have also disabled my antivirus' firewall. Could this be an ISP issue, or did i mess up with port forwarding?
N3ther
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/29/2019 10:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
N3ther
So i found the solution, turns out my netgear router i was doing the port forwarding on was connecting thru a vonage router. What I did was set the netgear router as an access point and port forwarded thru the vonage router, and it worked!
10/30/2019 5:48 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Laggiest
Yay, glad you figured it out! :)
10/27/2019 2:06 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
AirSocial
try using a different port, like 25566
10/23/2019 5:16 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Laggiest
Hi, did you managed to get this working?

I'm currently in the same process. it can sometimes take quite a bit of tweaking to get things working properly depending on your setup. Some ISPs don't allow port-forwarding, some routers say they support it but don't, etc... you could try an alternative port other than the default 25565, or search up if other's using the same ISP have had issues with port forwarding.

One thing to try is to have someone attempt to join, or use https://canyouseeme.org/ to see if the port is open. Sorry if my wording is terrible,

Sam
10/22/2019 12:04 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
check this: https://www.yougetsignal.com/
if that doesnt say its open then try another port on the server if that fails then you probably messed up somewhere
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome