Factions not working on 1.12.2 Spigot server

Vedd's Avatar Vedd11/30/19 5:54 pm
1 emeralds 724 6
12/17/2019 5:32 pm
Vedd's Avatar Vedd
Hi PMC,

So recently I created a new survival server for me and my friends to play on. However, I wanted some anti-grief plugin. But not the standard GriefPrevention, a fun one where you could go to war with each other etc. So then I came to factions, I remembered playing factions and really liking the simplicity and the things you could do with it.

But when I tried to install Factions on my server, it didn't show up in /plugins and so /factions would not show anything. After doing some googling I saw you had to have the 'MassiveCore' plugin, so I installed MassiveCore. After installing MassiveCore, Factions still didn't do show up anywhere.

As said in the title it's a 1.12.2 Spigot server, so I got the factions dowload from: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/factions.1900/
And I got MassiveCore from https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/massivecore.1901/

I hope someone can help me with a solution to this problem, I would like to have Factions working properly.

Thanks for reading!

Vedd
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/06/2019 11:43 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
did you just drop the zip into the plugins folder or did you open it up then take the plugins out?
12/11/2019 4:54 pm
Vedd
Just the zip. I am now noticing the only plugins that haven't worked so far were a zip file, hmm starting to notice a connection here lol.
12/12/2019 12:28 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
open it up, in the zip, there should be the factions plugin as well as the correct version of massive core, put those jar files into the plugins folder then try again, I don't know why they put it in a zip but it is annoying
12/12/2019 12:09 pm
Vedd
I'm only not seeing a .jar file in the zip one. Only a folder.
12/12/2019 12:39 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
what is inside the folder?

and i also recommend the obsidian destroyer plugin, because once you have obsidian, it won't be fun anymore.
12/17/2019 5:32 pm
Vedd
Oh, apparently the .jar file was hidden inside the folder. I don't know why they hid it like that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome