How to create crossplatform minecraft server

Gleb_1234's Avatar Gleb_12348/17/19 12:29 pm
1 emeralds 4.6k 4
8/18/2019 4:14 pm
Codewow's Avatar Codewow
How to create a Minecraft server that can be accessed with both Java Edition and Bedrock Edition. There is a Nukkit project and there is Sponge.
How to implement everything correctly ?!
Thank you!!!
Gleb_1234
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/18/2019 4:14 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
Codewow
It's actually quite simple. Don't use the Java edition at all. Just use the bedrock edition which is crossplatform with Windows 10, consoles, and mobile devices.
08/17/2019 12:41 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Digitigrade
You would need to code the whole minecraaft networking again on serverside btw vv
08/17/2019 12:40 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Digitigrade
It COULD be possible, but you would need to code tons of code and handle player movement map gen etc on serverside.

Example would be that you have same map on both platforms, when player moves it moves clone on another platform´; when player breaks/places it would make the clone to place or break. But there is no way to make it easily and clientsided ;D
08/17/2019 12:36 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
DaleighChronicle
Where Java edition and Bedrock edition have completely different code and some features and details exclusive to their versions, I am not aware of a way Java edition players can play on a Bedrock server and vise versa. You can play cross-platform between XBox and PC if using the Microsoft edition of Minecraft, but I don't believe Java and Bedrock will ever mix.
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware, it's not a feasible thing.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome