How to get players.

shinu's Avatar shinu9/21/19 6:37 pm
1 emeralds 308 3
10/7/2019 12:55 am
JESUSisLORD's Avatar JESUSisLORD
Hey there,

So i got a little question. I just started a server about 6 days ago. I don't seem to get new players, only some friends of mine. Some new players have joined but they leave after not even 15 minutes, and never come back.

I bump my server daily on PMC, at about 23:00 CEST because we are looking for english talking players. And ofcourse everyone votes on PMC and 2 other sites.

Can someone maybe checkout my server and see what's wrong, or just give me some tips?

IP: juno.cheesehosting.net:23619

Thank you!
shinu
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/07/2019 12:55 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
JESUSisLORD
Hi !

SPAWN It's the first thing a player will see and immediately they're going to have a first impression of what your server might be about.

One when a player joins they're going to be wondering what they can do.
and if it's not clear to them what your server is about they're gonna get very bored very easily they're going to start asking questions and if nobody answers their just going to leave.
which is what we don't want.

Don't have it were you've got holographic text where it'll blind the player that can be very annoying
And don't have a 25 long page Book&Quill when a player joins you're just pretty much bombarding them with text the player doesn't know whether or not they are going to devote their time for your server yet so best you avoid that.

Also back on the point with the spawn make your builds impressive and very structured not were they'll have a very hard time navigating around have it where it's an impressive build but not the point where everything is compact and hard to find.

CONTENT this is more of a long term one if you join a server and there's little content and excitement they're not going to stay for long because they'll eventually get bored and we don't want that.
instead try different plugins ask around get ideas from other server creators make your server standout because the more players you'll get the higher the ranking and the higher the ranking means a more well known server which is just all positives.

VOTING make sure your voting crates are worth voting for have it not too over the top but have it where it's balanced and will make the player get excited they've just won something amazing from a voting crate they'll get excited be sad they've used up all their keys and quickly realise they can vote again in 24 hours.

Setup Daily Challenges to interest the player and make the player log on with something to do there's weekly, monthly and daily ones.

for the ending point this is kind of a no brainer you're going to need some good staff and what I mean by good staff is not just people doing their job I mean people who are actually really fun to talk to.
If you've got mature players joining the server and your staff aren't mature they are not going to want to stay.

That's about it I'm pretty sure I've summed it about up I really hope this helps!

feed back is always appreciated
10/04/2019 6:52 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dolphin
SireWhiteKnight
There are a lot of things to take into account for having a successful server. One of the biggest things you need is patience. Other things to keep in mind is a good spawn, working commands, friendly staff, owner on often, something that stands out about your server, people like ranking systems, and vote rewards. Honestly I recommend watching TheBreakdown‘s video on YouTube that explains how to gain people on your server. I can provide a link if you would like?
09/21/2019 6:53 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
LegendOfYukari
Sorry but your server really isnt creative. Its 1.14 (aka the worst version for online multiplayer) and survival
(keyword: survival)

There are too many survival servers out there, making it a tough competition to gain members. You probably will never obtain members with this gamemode. I suggest reverting to 1.12 and adding multiple game modes and features. Servers also require actual money dedicated such as advertisements and developers. From there, people would then join your server
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome