What do you do to prevent griefing on your server?

4 emeralds9 replies121 views
Pup Shadow started 10/7/21 10:26 pm history
and replied 10/15/2021 10:16 am
Hello I have owned a server for Minecraft for 7 years now and I love to lear what people do differently on their server.

What do you do to prevent new players from griefing on your server ?

I have a new player world they have to rank up in before they are allowed to build in any creative world do you think this is to harsh of a requirement, I also make them be in a separate chat group until they rank up?

I could make it so players instead join the survival part of the server which is just like the new player world except there is no resets for the world.

I would love to see some replies with talks about what you do for your server.
Posted by avatar
Pup Shadow
Level 21 : Expert Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

9 replies

10/14/2021 5:09 pm
Level 42 : Master Sailor
Papa Enny
Papa Enny avatar
I avoid inviting them to my base
Even if pvp is allowed, it's hellish annoying

I even try to create communities for these that would not like to be griefed
10/14/2021 5:08 pm
Level 42 : Master Technomancer
Maxypoo
Maxypoo avatar
I whitelist it and only invite friends lol
10/14/2021 4:50 pm
Level 22 : Expert Procrastinator
Spookydoge9
Spookydoge9 avatar
Well mine is an anarchy so griefing is kind of the whole point
10/14/2021 4:43 pm
Level 28 : Expert Explorer
ChitterChatter_
ChitterChatter_ avatar
Well, my server is a survival one, so we use grief prevention (the golden shovel). Some servers use Towny.

My past server was a network, we had survival using grief prevention, creative using plot squared, a vanilla but the only plugins were grief prevention and LWC to keep things secure, and skyblock which well, uses skyblock.

So, your server is a creative one? or creative with other game modes?
10/15/2021 10:16 am
Level 21 : Expert Procrastinator
Pup Shadow
Pup Shadow avatar
My server is 7 years old it’s a hub server to many different things. It’s SMP, CMP, Minigames, pixel art gallery, plots. You get the picture lol. And I have already explained what I due in the post.
10/07/2021 11:26 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
SpookyZombieKat
SpookyZombieKat avatar
I usually use permissions plugins as well as claiming ones. It also depends on which server it's for. (I ran 2 different kinds)
10/07/2021 11:17 pmhistory
Level 25 : Expert Dolphin
smack17
smack17 avatar
I personally use a few different plugins. For creative worlds, I use a plot plugin like PlotSquared so that people can't just go around destroying others' buildings. I also limit access to said creative world to some kind of higher rank than a guest rank, as a good amount of people just go into the creative world to use potentially harmful items that could crash a server.

For survival, I use a combination of CoreProtect, GriefPrevention, and a chest locking plugin such as BlockLocker or Lockette. GriefPrevention allows people to protect their survival houses from any kind of damage from other players, and CoreProtect is an amazing tool that logs pretty much every interaction players make, which is great for instances where someone doesn't use GriefPrevention claims.

Aside from plugins, having a trusted staff team is also vital for catching/preventing griefers and hackers.
10/07/2021 11:12 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Pig
Christmaswreath
Christmaswreath avatar
Maybe turn fire tick And explosions off and have a locked chest plugin?
and also get a claim land plugin but make it limited to how much space so.people don't claim th whole server.
10/07/2021 10:31 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Witch
Spxngie
Spxngie avatar
Well depends! If I'm the server owner I'll try my best to identify who did what when and take it from there. If I'm a guest on the server I'd report it to a mod or admin. (:
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2021
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome