What is considered good playerbase for a new mc server?

Zeldien's Avatar Zeldien5/21/20 4:24 am
6/7/2020 6:36 am
Zeldien's Avatar Zeldien
Hey there, I recently started an mc server, (2 weeks ago), i have 142 registered accounts on my server, with 4-6 online daily at the same time, while they reach 7 -9 players at peak hours.

Is this considered a good start? And how can I improve this on a low budget?

Thank you all for your comments!
Zeldien
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/23/2020 1:32 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Vehzx
Late to this but at a low budget your best option is self coded plugins, this is the case on any budget actually.

After 5-6 years of server development, self coded is the way, gives you easy access to bug fixing, and plugins running you know exactly how they function, updates come at your own pace, not waiting for other developers etc.

If your server is genuinely fun to play, your player base will increase naturally.
05/23/2020 5:50 pm
Zeldien
Yeah, I totally agree with what you say.

We actually do have a few custom plugins that we have coded / recoded and resetup (100% rebuild).

I hope this server works out well, I have been working on it for nearly 6 months.
05/24/2020 8:06 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Vehzx
Good luck to you, hope it goes well
05/23/2020 7:43 pm
Level 20 : Expert Mage
Magezky
It all depends on your goal and ambitions with your server. Is your goal to make as much money as possible, become one of the leading servers in your genre? A good start with a low-budget in my opinion; You have a solid and dedicated community behind you, I can elaborate further if you want. Though in short terms, a community that is actively engaged in your discord, mc server, forums, etc. and is dedicated to making it better.

If you could further tell me what your server is about I can give you more concrete tips if you want it to further grow and become what you vision it to be.
05/28/2020 1:41 am
Zeldien
Hey there, please forgive me for my late reply

Basically, my server is a smp server, with a balanced economy (we have a shopkeeper plugin, prices are maintained to avoid economy crashes / extreme rises), with a jobs plugin, to boost economy.

We have also been working on a virus plugin we have recently put, where you could get infected with a virus from infected mobs or players that are near you. Infection will lead to you getting various randomised effects such as nausea slowness hunger weakness etc. To survive through this pandemic that is spreading between players, you will have to go through various parkours that have custom mobs to uncover ingredients, while you have to buy the last 2 ingredient reveals at the shop (since economy is a big part of our server). Then you would have to locate our hidden villager via hints in our town (our town is like a modern village, that got wrecked(backstory, due to pandemic), and contains many hints that are useful).

We have a in depth guide at the start, and luckily our players are supportive, and friendly, and I have seen them answer the questions of new players.

I feel like the current problem is that my server is not reaching much, and I am unable to do paid advertising, since I have a tight wallet currently. We have our discord, website, and I registered my website on 6 voting lists (if not more), with votifier enabled, top voter of the month rewards while you also get a per-voter reward. We do holiday events, weekly events and many other small fun minigames that we randomly setup whenever the community feels like it (we did a hide and seek today!). Please give me any tips you find useful for me to expand my server!

PS: I also recently upgraded my ram on my server. since tps started to drop because of 11 players online per day at once, but now it is lag free!
05/24/2020 9:57 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
vilemane187
I started one 2 months ago, but only recently opened it up to the broader world of the internet. I have 78 accounts, 2-6 normally are on. Peak can get to 10+. So yes, i consider that a good playerbase - especially for a server thats only 2 weeks old.
05/28/2020 1:42 am
Zeldien
Thank you for your reply! I really find it helpful, I hope your server does great!

My server's highscore has expanded to 13 players online at once recently!
06/06/2020 9:30 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
vilemane187
well done, i have had a total of 99 unique accounts log in now and we peak 15-18.
06/06/2020 10:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Iamlolmosterm
Hi
06/07/2020 6:36 am
Zeldien
hi
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com