Adfly outdated(too shady/safety concern), rules need updating?

WonderBoots's Avatar WonderBoots9/15/22 11:22 am
9/18/2022 1:38 pm
WonderBoots's Avatar WonderBoots
Anyone noticed how the rules say level 20+ your allowed to use adfly with a choice of a non ad link, now ive used adfly a few times on bigger projects that took a lot of time , but anyone noticed how bad adfly has got, i want something back but without harming the viewers on this site who are commonly younger audiences and dont understand fully the dangers of the web.

i switched to my own website so eventually i can get google ad sense once google redeems my site to be worthy, as i know personal websites are allowed its where i now put my direct downloads on, but i think the rules about URL ad links need to be revaluated , as i know some better alternatives out there dont force you to click "Allow" for some sketchy website addon that some other URL link sites do, anyone else think we need to replace adfly with a safer alternative as adfly has kinda tanked it recently and has become really shady.
WonderBoots
Level 71 : Legendary Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2022 12:07 pmhistory
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
Adfly was blocked from being used in new submissions or submissions updated after February 12th 2021, since it is not safe to use without an adblocker, submissions with old adfly links are unfortunately allowed to keep theirs to prevent old content becoming inaccessible, however a warning does display upon clicking the download button.

Other ad links like Adfocus are generally much safer, and we do investigate when we receive reports that an ad link service has become unsafe.
09/18/2022 1:38 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Engineer
WonderBoots
that is good, i switched to adfocus for a short while after i used my website, i know some users dont like ad links and stay clear of them.

adfocus was good until they decided to stop paying me, they where always very reluctant on payouts.

i was thinking just an idea, maybe an addon of the rule to show prefferable adlink websites to sway creators and submissions to choose a safer adlink service that planet minecraft deems to be a safer alternative for its platform and its digital consumers?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome