forum Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right publicPMC

Create Forum Thread

Site gave a temporary username and changing it seems to be broken?

2 emeralds3 replies60 views
ShakoRam started 05/18/2020 3:39 pm
Geforce replied 05/18/2020 7:02 pm
I'm helping a friend (note: on the younger side) get onto this site. He created an account last month and was given an automatic temporary username "user(random numbers)G". His profile page asks him to choose a community username. When he goes to the name change page, chooses a username and hits "save changes," it gets stuck on a perpetual loading screen. Does anyone know what's going on here? I've changed my account name twice over the past few years and it's worked fine for me, and of course I never got a temporary username. I don't know how/why he ended up with that and why changing it won't work.

Thanks.
Posted by avatar
ShakoRam
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect

comment Login or register to post a reply.

3 replies

05/18/2020 3:53 pm
Level 49 : Master Birb
dreamCritting-
I always wondered who the user(random numbers)G people were, there seem to be several, I used to think It was one guy with loads of alt accounts when I first saw them a few months ago. I'm not really sure what's been happening.
05/18/2020 6:58 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
ShakoRam
Strange. I wonder if that's just a standard way of creating new accounts now. And I wonder if any of them are also unable to change it.
05/18/2020 7:02 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
If the "change username" page isn't working for you, ask him to create a ticket and a moderator can manually change his username for him. Keep in mind that users must be at least 13 years old to have an account (only mentioned that since you said that he's on the younger side).
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome