How to Recruit: A simple guide

Ivain's Avatar Ivain5/6/15 5:20 pm
2 emeralds 1.3k 9
9/12/2015 9:12 am
CommandFox's Avatar CommandFox
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen of Minecraft, I have come here to teach you how to recruit!

No but seriously, It's about time someone made a thread like this, and since there doesnt seem to be one, I'll do it.

So, here's a few things that any recruiting thread needs to contain. Here they are:

• Who are you? - Pretty simple, doesnt need to be your actual identity, just who you are and/or represent in Minecraft.

[/*]
    [*]What are you recruiting for? - Kind of important, people don't like to agree to things they don't know about. It also gets you the right people: you don't want redstoners when you ask for builders, and vice versa
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]Skill requirements: What do you want people to be able to do? what style should they build in, what types of redstone would you prefer? Maybe give an example of what you want it to end up looking like.
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]Motivation/Reward: VERY IMPORTANT! Most people that do the above right fail to give people an actual reason to join them. Mentioning payment in money is not allowed according to PMC rules, as far as I know. However, there are other things to motivate. Giving people donator ranks, crediting them or giving them similar benefits will at least motivate some people. Others will be content with a functioning server they can build on. JUST GIVE THEM A REASON!
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]Request reasonable info: Name, Age, IGN, Specialization, etc. Most people get this fine, but some don't, so its needed
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]Preferred method of Communication: could be skype, could be teamspeak, could be something else. Just have 1 central thing that;s free to get and easy to use.
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]If it applies, the Ip of the server. Or, if you don't want it known, the name of the server, give those that join the Ip over whatever method of communication you chose[/*][/list][/size]
    [hr][/hr]
    Lastly, DO NOT ASK TO RATE THEIR SKILL OUT OF 10! no self-respecting person will rate themselve 5 or lower. on a scale between cobble box(0) and BlockWorks/AngelBlock(10), most will rate themselves 6 or higher even if they are actually a 2 (yes if you put it up with those comparisons people might be more modest but will still overestimate themselves)
    INSTEAD, ask them for any creations they have made in the past, and if they have nothing to show (makes them doubtful instantly), ask them to make something specific.
    [hr][/hr]
    [size=150]FOR BUILDERS OR ARTISTS, ASK FOR A PORTFOLIO OR PREVIOUS WORK. [/size]

[hr][/hr]
    That pretty much sums it up. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

That said, may you find those you are looking for!
    [center][/ce
  • [/hr][/*]
  • What are you recruiting for? - Kind of important, people don't like to agree to things they don't know about. It also gets you the right people: you don't want redstoners when you ask for builders, and vice versa

[/*]
    [*]Skill requirements: What do you want people to be able to do? what style should they build in, what types of redstone would you prefer? Maybe give an example of what you want it to end up looking like.
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]Motivation/Reward: VERY IMPORTANT! Most people that do the above right fail to give people an actual reason to join them. Mentioning payment in money is not allowed according to PMC rules, as far as I know. However, there are other things to motivate. Giving people donator ranks, crediting them or giving them similar benefits will at least motivate some people. Others will be content with a functioning server they can build on. JUST GIVE THEM A REASON!
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]Request reasonable info: Name, Age, IGN, Specialization, etc. Most people get this fine, but some don't, so its needed
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]Preferred method of Communication: could be skype, could be teamspeak, could be something else. Just have 1 central thing that;s free to get and easy to use.
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [*]If it applies, the Ip of the server. Or, if you don't want it known, the name of the server, give those that join the Ip over whatever method of communication you chose[/*][/list][/size]
    [hr][/hr]
    Lastly, DO NOT ASK TO RATE THEIR SKILL OUT OF 10! no self-respecting person will rate themselve 5 or lower. on a scale between cobble box(0) and BlockWorks/AngelBlock(10), most will rate themselves 6 or higher even if they are actually a 2 (yes if you put it up with those comparisons people might be more modest but will still overestimate themselves)
    INSTEAD, ask them for any creations they have made in the past, and if they have nothing to show (makes them doubtful instantly), ask them to make something specific.
    [hr][/hr]
    [size=150]FOR BUILDERS OR ARTISTS, ASK FOR A PORTFOLIO OR PREVIOUS WORK. [/size]

[hr][/hr]
    That pretty much sums it up. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

[center][/ce
  • [/hr][/*]
  • Skill requirements: What do you want people to be able to do? what style should they build in, what types of redstone would you prefer? Maybe give an example of what you want it to end up looking like.

[/*]
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [hr][/hr]
    [hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[center][/ce
  • [/hr][/*]
  • Motivation/Reward: VERY IMPORTANT! Most people that do the above right fail to give people an actual reason to join them. Mentioning payment in money is not allowed according to PMC rules, as far as I know. However, there are other things to motivate. Giving people donator ranks, crediting them or giving them similar benefits will at least motivate some people. Others will be content with a functioning server they can build on. JUST GIVE THEM A REASON!

[/*]
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [hr][/hr]
    [hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[center][/ce
  • [/hr][/*]
  • Request reasonable info: Name, Age, IGN, Specialization, etc. Most people get this fine, but some don't, so its needed

[/*]
    [hr][/hr][/*]
    [hr][/hr]
    [hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[center][/ce
  • [/hr][/*]
  • Preferred method of Communication: could be skype, could be teamspeak, could be something else. Just have 1 central thing that;s free to get and easy to use.

[/*]
    [hr][/hr]
    [hr][/hr]

[hr][/hr]

[center][/ce
  • [/hr][/*]
  • If it applies, the Ip of the server. Or, if you don't want it known, the name of the server, give those that join the Ip over whatever method of communication you chose

FOR BUILDERS OR ARTISTS, ASK FOR A PORTFOLIO OR PREVIOUS WORK.

Ivain
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer