How to setup Votifier

Ftw3D's Avatar Ftw3D2/15/14 12:48 pm
2 emeralds 13.5k 8
8/2/2017 10:27 pm
Jeddell's Avatar Jeddell
To begin with, you need to download and install Votifier here: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/votifier/

Running the server once to generate the configuration and keys. You need to then choose a port in the Votifier configuration and make sure that this is open to the public.

Votifier needs listeners installed, so that it knows what to do when it receives a vote notification.

Once the plugin is fully configured, go to the Votifier configuration page in your server administration panel. Open up the public key, found in Votifier/rsa/public.key, and copy the contents to the corresponding field. You will also need to fill out the server name and port, to match your server details. Usually the server will be the same as the address you advertise and the port will be whatever you configured it to be in your Votifier configuration.

Once you're set up, a username box should appear on your vote page. Entering your name and submitting a vote will send a notification to your server and Votifier will act on it based on the listeners you installed.

Thanks for reading!
Ftw3D
Level 1 : New Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/02/2017 10:27 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Jeddell
Would GAListener stop Planet Minecraft from connecting to your server? I'm struggling to get Any of my voting server lists to talk to my server I'm running at home. I've opened up Port 8192 and I'm pretty confident that the rest of my IP settings are correct, but None of the site will connect to the server. I'm at a loss here and no one seems to be able to give a straight answer on how to trouble shoot this.

I know the server is working because I could verify the connection to the game itself through Planet Minecraft, I just cant get votifier to communicate.
06/21/2017 3:01 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Haley325MC
nuVotifier + VotingPlugin is much better (and is up-to-date), comapred to the old Votifier+GAListener.
05/30/2017 6:53 am
Level 1 : New Miner
VolcanicArts
So how do I connect votifier, GAListner and Planetminecraft together to give rewards when people vote?
06/20/2017 6:16 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
rodrick162
You need to know three things about your server:
- IP address
- Votifier port
- Votifier public key

In the votifier config you can find the setting for the IP address and port. Enter the IP address of your server, and consult your server host for the port. Normally they will have a guide page for votifier.

Now go to your preferred server list and edit your listing, and find the settings for votifier. Make sure it is enabled, and enter the information where it is required. Some lists test the connection to make sure it is working properly.

To make votifier do anything you need a listener. It is intended that you program your own, but there are a number of listener plugins such as SimpleListener that will allow you to make one by just modifying a config.
05/30/2017 2:32 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Team FeliX
So, What is the URL to link Votifier and Planetmincraft?

PS: I am hosting my own server. it is not hosted by a website.

Thanks for any help!
-Team FeliX
03/10/2016 7:50 am
Level 37 : Artisan Network
Morpheus1101
So basically what PMC is doing, is basically forcing everyone to use the Votafier plugin which forces servers to have ot use spigot//bukkit in order to do so rather than using another 3rd party votafier program for those o fus who refuse to use plugins//spigot//bukkit
03/10/2016 4:47 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
Nildrak
First of all, PMC isn't 'FORCING' you to do anything. Any website that allows you to list your server includes the option for Votifier, and most of them won't allow voting for a server if that server does not have Votifier.

The reason *all websites* require Votifier is because it's the only universally trusted and respected voting plugin. It's been around for years and is used by thousands of servers/networks. It makes perfect sense that any website would rather allow a plugin everyone knows of rather than a plugin that is fairly unknown.

You also have to realize that in order to incorporate new plugin compatibility onto any server listing website, the developer of said listing website would likely need to program a new protocol for accepting votes through the new plugin and it would probably be for very little benefit to the website itself.
01/16/2016 2:36 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Cookiedough611
what do you do if you have a domain? what do you put in the address bar
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome