MCEdit Won't Load World?

actionguy87's Avatar actionguy873/12/12 11:09 pm
1 emeralds 26.3k 15
3/5/2014 1:00 pm
x_giggity55's Avatar x_giggity55
Hello everyone. I am currently building my second adventure map on my Minecraft server. Today, I moved the world into my Single-player saves so I could open it up on MCEdit and move the spawn point. Well, I move the world into my saves, opened it up and explored for a a bit, and then tried to open the world on MCEdit. For some reason, all I get is a big blue void. I reinstalled MCEdit and that didn't fix anything. HELP!

Thanks
-actionguy87
actionguy87
Level 59 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/05/2014 1:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
x_giggity55
Hi, guys. I had the same problem, BUT!!!!!! I found an important reason for this essue. I heard some guys said they have 64 bit computer but they are using 32 bit MCedit, and the MCedit doesn't work. I have the same problem so I download MCedit for 64 bit and IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Download link:www.mcedit.net/windows.html
No installation
Hope it helps.
07/02/2012 4:05 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
ekmo
the same
06/28/2012 8:36 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
flamingdiaper4U
This is a youtube URL with a link to a working 1.2.5 mcedit download. The youtube video shows how to install and use it too.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL6mrBW8D70 ;)
07/07/2012 12:10 pm
Engineer4997
I had the same problem with the blue void. However, I couldn't even find the world file, all I could fin was the level.dat file, so I tried loading that. However, this link above did help a lot and I can now edit my worlds without spending years in creative mode
05/23/2012 8:18 am
grim twins
I have the same problem too. I play the world on minecraft, and it's fine. I open it up on mcedit, and there is just an infinite void. I know ALOT of other people are having the same problem as well.
04/26/2012 9:56 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior
Mafia_Beaver
i thought MCEdit just was updated for 1.8 beta
04/24/2012 8:52 pm
runest234
And of course there aren't any alternatives that offer a 3D concept, but I'll continue to see what I can do until I have any new info on this. Good luck to everyone
04/24/2012 8:08 pm
runest234
I'd also like to note I'm using a 64-bit windows and downloaded 32-bit MCEdit, I'm not sure what makes difference it makes, but let us know if you have the same commonality. However, at this point I recommend switching to another map editor anyways. The program has chosen to be difficult with us and as of now there's no fix. So I'm gonna try and work with one of the other slightly less stable editors :p I'll check the form often if anyone wants this topic continued. It doesn't seem like many other people are here though, not sure how wide-spread the issue is. Either way it doesn't look like the program is gonna get updated
04/25/2012 6:26 pm
Level 42 : Master Geek
avmf8
''Which ones are those exactly? Because if I can't get another one its pretty much the end of me doing much on minecraft. See I like to build big things and I am not willing to spend months making one solitary thing. Sure its fine if I am just say building a pirate ship or something not too big. But I cannot build a city with this.
04/24/2012 8:05 pm
runest234
I'd also like to note I'm using a 64-bit windows and downloaded 32-bit MCEdit, I'm not sure what makes difference it makes, but let us know if you have the same commonality. However, at this point I recommend switching to another map editor anyways. The program has chosen to be difficult with us and as of now there's no fix. So I'm gonna try and work with one of the other slightly less stable editors :p I'll check the form often if anyone wants this topic continued. It doesn't seem like many other people are here though, not sure how wide-spread the issue is.
04/23/2012 9:13 pm
runest234
I don't know if this helps at all but I'm having the exact same problem and I'm glad but sorry to hear it isn't just me. I'm trying to open a standard single player survival map and all MCEdit can open is a blue void, it allows me to make selections but there isn't any point because I can't see my world. Hope there's a fix.
03/12/2012 11:15 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
It's a 1.2.3 world, correct? I don't believe McEdit will be able to open worlds already converted to the anvil file format, as far as I know anyways.
03/12/2012 11:25 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Architect
actionguy87
It is a 1.2.3 world. Does that mean I will just have to wait to MCEdit to release an update... or will they ever?
03/12/2012 11:49 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
Oh, I'm sure it will update. But yeah, you will have to wait.. Unless there's something I'm missing, as I haven't checked if there was an update for a few days now.. Try using the latest version of McEdit. It may be a dev build or something, but it should work.
04/24/2012 2:06 pm
Level 42 : Master Geek
avmf8
I don't want to wait months to finish my world. It is big I still have allot to do I can't do that all in creative mode it would take me 200+ years if I did that.

Just opening the world in game ruins me being able to edit it? I used the latest version I did a small thing in Minecraft I basically put a forest on a floating island.

MY world is a massive floating island that has broken into pieces floating over a void. I don't want to now have to learn to use voxel snipper to finish it. I honestly dont think MC edit will ever get updated. There has been an end zone for how long and it still can't be edited?

That means I won't be able to finish my map this year or ever for that matter.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome