Mine Your Manners - Animated

PotatoBeenCrafted's Avatar PotatoBeenCrafted6/4/16 9:21 pm
1 emeralds 517 9
8/16/2016 11:03 am
PotatoBeenCrafted's Avatar PotatoBeenCrafted
Hello all, I'm Potato (or PotatoBeenCrafted, whatever tickles your fancy).
I'm a video editor, a graphic artist, a modeler, and an animator.
Around a year ago, I found a great comic called Mine Your Manners on this site. It's written and produced by roobub, and I found it quite funny. I wanted to contribute a little towards it, but I couldn't think of anything. I finally asked roobub if I could turn the comic into an animated series, and he said that I could...the only downside is that I forgot about this. I spent the next 9 months looking for something to work on, but I didn't find anything. Anyhow, someone kindly replied to my comment on the blog (for the comic) and brought me back into the realisation that I had a great project to work on.

Now, after waiting 9 months, I'm finally ready to work on and finish this project but there are something that I can not provide towards it, and being the stubborn Potato I am, I'm not going to release it without everything it needs.

What I have: custom models and rigs (made by myself) covering items and blocks used in the first chapter.

What I have planned: storyboards, animatics and scripts (based on the comic).

What I need: voice actors, both Male, and Female.
Voices are all I need from this community, I have everything else covered... For now.

Now, if you're interested in lending your voice to this project, first I would recommend you have a read of the comic (linked at the bottom). Second, you'll need to be able to hold the voice (no voice cracks or breaks), you'll need to be able to read steadily from a script and have a good microphone and recording software (Audacity is a good, free recording software). Third, copy the form down below, paste it into the reply box and fill it out. Fourth, only apply if you can guarantee to stay with this project no matter what. There is nothing I hate more than to have someone sign up to be the lead character, do two episodes and then leave. If you don't feel you will have the time but still want to help, apply for a minor character.

If you decide to apply for a major character but leave after doing a few episodes, I'll have to scrap what you've done, find a new voice actor or actress, re-animate, render and edit the scenes before I'm happy to carry on with the project. This could set the project back months. Maybe even a year to a year and a half if we were to get to near finishing chapter 2 and you just dropped out. For the sake of my time and yours, don't

Lastly, I feel I need to note this (it should seem fairly obvious but...): I'm only looking for English voice actors... I might cover this in different languages later, but only if the English version gets a lot of positive feedback and recognition.

Voice Actor Form:
Gender (Male or Female):
Age (the comic tends to focus on older people but there are some of a younger age):
Skype or Discord (to talk and send files):
Recording Software:
Microphone (I will not accept built-in Laptop mics):
Time-Zone (you can find yours at the bottom):
Previous Work (a simple recording of your voice):

I will attempt to check this post daily, maybe even hourly.
But if you're really hyped, excited or up to work on this project, given you have the equipment, feel free to send me a PM (private message) too.

Links:
Mine Your Manners (the comic): http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/min ... chapter-2/ or http://www.mineyourmanners.com/2014/08/ ... st_12.html
Roobub: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/roobub/
Audacity: http://www.audacityteam.org/
Find your time-zone: http://www.travel.com.hk/region/time_95.jpg
PotatoBeenCrafted
Level 19 : Journeyman Crafter