Minecraft's biggest zoo! [TAKING SUGGESTIONS]

Kotoriken's Avatar Kotoriken11/27/15 1:02 pm
6/26/2017 6:01 am
Eli the Zeratoed's Avatar Eli the Zeratoed
So, due to seeing hundreds of small zoo projects and unfinished series of zoo building, I've decided to build a zoo of my own.

What's so special about it? Well...

I plan to have over 150 exhibits by the end of the project, and 10 buildings such as foodcourts, restroom facilities, gift shops, etc.

But I need you guys' help. I'm not the best with ideas. So before I ask for specific ideas, let me explain some in-depth plans.

Like some other zoos, I will be using mod animals. Specifically, these mods:

Click to reveal
Mo'Creatures
Pavocado's Exotic Birds
Animals +

But since even these excellent mods lack some animals I'd like to add, I'll be building several with player heads and blocks. I'll be doing many of these like this, but likely an even mix with the mod animals.

So what do I need? All the obscure animals you can find, of course! Recommend weird species you've found on the internet or learned about in grade school.

What's in it for you, you ask? Well, if you recommend an animal and I build an exhibit for it, you'll have a sponsor sign placed on the enclosure. Even if you don't recommend it, and it's a mob animal, you can claim sponsorship! I sort of just like the idea of people being credited, as if you go to an actual zoo, there are sponsorship signs everywhere. When the map is made available, these will be easily seen.

So let's get onto the list! I'll need you all to post everything you think of. Claim sponsorship for any of the exhibits without an asterisk and name next to them. Please also take a look through existing exhibits, as I'd also like to have sponsorships for them!

The animal list and sponsors have been moved to a project post which will be linked as soon as I figure out how to insert links.

Edit: tada http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/minecrafts-best-zoo-huge-wip/
Kotoriken
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/25/2017 11:27 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
pikadactol
-snip-
06/26/2017 6:01 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
No.

Digressing aside, I actually have an animal I want to volunteer as tribute:

Jacques from JonTron.

Yeah. I'm not kidding. The dolphin idea was already taken (or put into the zoo) already, so I'd say either a Shark or Jacques (who is a green-cheeked conure parrot) would be a nice addition to the zoo. Make him like the star of the aviary part of the zoo, and I would definitely download the map and the mods if that were the case.
06/25/2017 11:24 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
PhoenixDragonBlue
Wolfies!
Ooh, and white tigers.

nuu snow leopards are my favorite why must they be taken I sponsor them irl
06/24/2017 6:05 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
subpartikel
maybe very endangered spicies: galapogos turtles maybe? xd
06/24/2017 4:39 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
GiraffeCircle
Hey! I was wondering if you still wanted help? I know it's been a long, LONG, time, but I can help if you want/need. I also have a server if we really need one up. Just PM me and I'll reply ASAP.
02/24/2016 6:56 pm
GiraffeCircle
Yay!!!!! Can't wait!!!
02/22/2016 3:54 pm
Kotoriken
PineappleOcelot9I don't know if you will accept this, but you should put a command block in each exhibit so when you press a button, it will play the animal's sound. Also if you don't want the animals to despawn, you could rename them. Pls name an ocelot Pineapple if you do. (In honor of my cat in Minecraft that died from a creeper explosion) (I know it's ironic) And if you have monkeys (if you don't pls add them) make an interactive exhibit with a parkour thing inside. There should be certain times when you can come in most of the exhibits and feed the animals. Wait are you doing default Minecraft animals? If you are, you should add cool "exotic" animals like ocelots and stuff.

Since the build is mostly a test of my realistic building skills, much of this will not be done. I'm trying to make a realistic modern zoo, and while a parkour type thing would be interesting, it simply does not fit with the build.

We're not using vanilla animals due to world/server lag, unfortunately. However, I will name a cat Pineapple for you I'm going to name a few animals so it won't be too much of a step out of my way.

With this I'd like to announce that as soon as I can get another server up we will be resuming the project with a new map. Thank you for your patience with me and my overly frequent hiatuses.
02/21/2016 8:08 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Toast
Hedgehogs2931
I will PM you with more ideas if I get some.
Sorry for the long post
02/21/2016 8:05 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Toast
Hedgehogs2931
I don't know if you will accept this, but you should put a command block in each exhibit so when you press a button, it will play the animal's sound. Also if you don't want the animals to despawn, you could rename them. Pls name an ocelot Pineapple if you do. (In honor of my cat in Minecraft that died from a creeper explosion) (I know it's ironic) And if you have monkeys (if you don't pls add them) make an interactive exhibit with a parkour thing inside. There should be certain times when you can come in most of the exhibits and feed the animals. Wait are you doing default Minecraft animals? If you are, you should add cool "exotic" animals like ocelots and stuff (sorry I like ocelots too much and this might be asking too much but I want to sponsor the ocelot exhibit if that would be fair because it's a default mob). Put barn animals in like a petting zoo because many zoos have them.
AH SO MANY IDEAS
I hope your friend gets better. Use these ideas when you have time.
02/21/2016 7:00 pm
GiraffeCircle
I think it's awesome that you're helping your friend like that!
I hope they get better.

Also, sorry I have not been posting (at all) for a LONG time. There was a glitch in my PMC account that wasn't letting me get to forums as I was still signed in.

(If that's happened to you, go to any topic, hit "POSTREPLY" and sign in, then go to the topic you want to post on. )

If there's anything you need me to do, just say the word!!
01/21/2016 4:06 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Bytecraftninja
Sorry mate. Didn't mean to burden you even more. Hope your friend gets better
01/20/2016 6:22 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Goblin
ToadieOdie
My condolences to your friend. I hope everything turns out okay.
01/20/2016 4:21 pm
Kotoriken
Sad news, guys. Our server appears to be down.

I'm trying to contact our host and get at least what we've got done so far, if I cannot contact him another restart on the project may be needed.

And thank you, giraffe. Giraffe is right, I am often offline and may have to be on hiatus in the near future. A good friend of mine was just diagnosed with a lung disease and I have to help her rehome all her birds, which may hinder my activity for the next week or two. Apologies, everyone. I will try to fix everything.
01/19/2016 5:24 pm
GiraffeCircle
Guys, kotokrien is offline (and has been for a while, as far as I know,) so let's not stress him out too much, so please don't stress him out with a big to-do list of animals, because I know he's been working SO hard on the server, so PLEASE, before you ask to sponsor animals, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check previous posts to see if your animal is already sponsored.
01/17/2016 1:30 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
KingYoda
How about an Arabian leopard, Saiga antelope, an Orca Whale and a Whale Shark
01/13/2016 10:23 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Bytecraftninja
Platypuses, the Pink Fairy Armadillo (so kawaii), the Patagonian Mara, Beluga, Irrawaddy Dolphins, Weasels (No reason, I just like the name), Kangaroo Rats, and Japanese Spider Crabs. Weird and wonderful is the way to go, brother. I wish I could help build, but...well, I'm kinda busy *sob*
01/13/2016 10:06 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Batman
Squirrel
bump
01/06/2016 10:25 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
the_Deadly_Dream
How about an underground cave lit with torches that has the bugs displayed through glass that's on the walls? (I can't really explain how it looks)
01/06/2016 10:12 pm
Kotoriken
Alrighty!

I will likely not be active until this weekend, however. I'm incredibly busy with bird things, unfortunately.
01/06/2016 10:01 pm
GiraffeCircle
This looks so cool! If you need me any specific time, just tell me and we can try to find a time to meet on.
12/30/2015 9:59 pm
Kotoriken
Just now noticed these

I'll certainly add mountain goats! I was considering adding them for quite a while and I've just now figured out a design for them. And of course, I'll add vultures, if it's a bird that's suggested I've got to add it.

I'm not sure how I'd implement axolotls but I'll try My boyfriend's got several of them, they're cute little buggers.

We've already got a petting zoo exhibit but I'll put you down as the sponsor for it.

Thank you for the suggestions!
12/30/2015 9:31 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Mage
SilverSteele
Wow, this seems like a really cool build!

By the way, I have some suggestions for animals, if that's okay..:

- Rams or Goats

- Vultures?

- I saw someone request a blobfish, so why not add axolotls? ( If you don't know what they are, look them up. They're so cute :0)

- Maybe there could be a whole farm exhibit, with animals like cows, sheep, pigs, etc.

Again, a project like this seems pretty big, but awesome!
12/28/2015 2:48 pm
Kotoriken

Some of the front entrance! I need to finish the building shell and get a roof on it, but aside from that the exterior is done
12/27/2015 8:54 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
DAS_LIZARDMAN
lizards, all kinds of em'
12/27/2015 8:46 pm
Kotoriken
We've already got both of those sponsored.
12/27/2015 8:43 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Goblin
Gbubble
Raccoons and Foxes
12/27/2015 8:38 pm
Kotoriken
I've PM'd you!
12/27/2015 8:30 pm
GiraffeCircle
I would like to assist. Please PM the ip.
12/27/2015 8:08 pm
Kotoriken
We've actually got ourselves a server now! If you want to assist, I'll whitelist you.
12/27/2015 8:03 pm
GiraffeCircle
I personally, can't, but there are a few like Triangle, Aternos, and others but the usually have a "catch." For Triangle, the "catch" is you have to wait at least a month, and for Aternos, you can only have it up for 5 hours at most unless you buy more hours.
12/26/2015 1:50 pm
Kotoriken
Alrighty. Back from another hiatus.

So I'm starting to buckle down and try to get us a server. We need several people working at once to get anything even remotely close to being done, and I cannot personally host a server, so we need someone to lend us one to upload the map to.

If anyone knows anybody who can host our map for us, let me know!
12/21/2015 12:39 pm
GiraffeCircle
Can you PM me the IP or if there isn't one, that's okay.
12/21/2015 6:44 am
Level 21 : Expert Architect
wesleycake
Do you have meerkat's on the list? flamingos? komodo dragon or a butterfly house?
12/20/2015 10:56 pm
Kotoriken
@Giraffecircle: certainly!

I apologize for my again apparent lack of activity. I've been busy lately, but by the 23rd I should be able to do more work on the project.
12/20/2015 6:52 pm
GiraffeCircle
kotkrien, is it possible for me to help build on the server when we get one up?
12/20/2015 12:57 am
Level 34 : Artisan Magical Girl
sslaptnhablhat
Tapeworm exibit.
12/20/2015 12:37 am
Squirrel
bump
12/16/2015 4:41 pm
Kotoriken
I'm not sure why you'd need permission!

Now, I have a proposal. If I can get a server going, would you like to build it on there?
12/16/2015 6:17 pm
Squirrel
Sure! Ill start first on my own and then when the server come maybe we can schematic it in
12/15/2015 11:57 pm
Squirrel
Hey kotoriken I love this zoo thing and it really inspired me. I was trying to think of something fun and great for community to build. And it hit me. Aquarium. I was wondering if i could make a completely different project With just fish sharks, etc. Thank you
12/14/2015 5:18 pm
Kotoriken
I think we've got that but I'll add your sponsorship!
12/14/2015 4:51 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
AppleAiden
Ye ol' Tasmanian Devil
12/14/2015 4:38 pm
Kotoriken
Thank you for reminding everyone.

Unfortunately, the worst case scenario has happened. My main build world has corrupted, and even with tinkering in MCEDIT I cannot recover much. I've gotten a bit of the aviary and that's it, the rest is going to have to be remade.
12/13/2015 7:12 pm
GiraffeCircle
Awesome! I can not WAIT for this to come out.

And people: Come on. Kotoriken has asked people MANY times not to post mythical animals. Even if you think it's a really good idea.
12/12/2015 2:29 pm
Kotoriken
Alright, so I started work on the aviary interior. Unintentionally I also did way too many outdoor renovations, haha... I'll post some screenshots briefly.
12/11/2015 7:20 pm
Kotoriken
I reiterate once more: we are not planning to do mythical animals or dinosaurs except possibly Mo'Creatures dragons. All requests hereon out for them will be ignored.
12/11/2015 7:13 pm
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
4DEntity
Tyrannosaurs
12/11/2015 7:00 pm
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Enygma
A nyan cat exhibit!
12/11/2015 6:57 pm
Kotoriken
GiraffeCircle, I am on superflat, but I can do some effective worldediting to do a natural-ish environment. Honestly though, I think I will do a custom forest, since.. in all honesty, vanilla jungle trees are a bit boring, don't you think?

If I did a jungle safari, I'd probably make a bunch of custom trees to make into brushes/schematics. Since, come on, look at how cool all these are!

(if I wanted greenish water, I'd probably mess around with swamp biomes. swamp water is cool.)
12/11/2015 5:53 pm
GiraffeCircle
You could (if you were fine with more work,) make another large enclosure and if the animals don't eat each other, just have all of them together and not in cages. You could have the minecart go around a natural forest or wherever, unless you're on superflat.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome