Minecraft Pixel format not accelerated

_ThatCampingNoob's Avatar _ThatCampingNoob6/24/17 12:53 pm
1 emeralds 475 7
6/25/2017 4:20 pm
Bull3tsucket's Avatar Bull3tsucket
I've just downloaded minecraft and when I try to play my game crashes and says "pixel format not accelerated" I downloaded AMD/ATI but it says "components are already installed" What do I do?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24941619/
_ThatCampingNoob
Level 23 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/25/2017 4:20 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Bull3tsucket
I'm having a similar problem, but I already have windows 64 bit installed and have attempted to install amd multiple times to no avail.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24946735/

Also, when I attempt to install AMD on my computer, this is the log I get after it installs, telling me that it is "Partially installed."

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24951044/
06/24/2017 11:27 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
id suggest just getting a pc or whatever thats already made for minecraft and is 64bit as it seems that this is likely to go wrong and also you wont have to worry about if youve deleted something important k

or rather then getting one just use one if youve already got one but ye
06/24/2017 1:34 pm
_ThatCampingNoob
Thanks, but it didn't work. Is there a way to install a video driver?
06/24/2017 1:49 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
You will need to install a 64-bit operating system. Unfortunately, you cannot "upgrade" from 32-bit to 64-bit - you will need to do a clean install.

An easy way to do this for free would be to upgrade to Windows 10 32-bit via the assistive technologies upgrade option. This is for anyone who uses any accessibility tools present in Windows, including Magnifier. Doing so will get you a valid Windows 10 license.

Once that's done, do a clean install of Windows using a USB drive created using the Media Creation Tool. This will wipe all your data, so be sure to back up anything you care about! Windows 10 will install the proper video drivers, so you shouldn't have to do anything else.
06/24/2017 8:50 pm
_ThatCampingNoob
I have windows 10 now but i don't understand how to do the second step...
06/25/2017 1:34 pm
Leeberator
Use the Media Creation Tool to make a bootable USB drive for Windows x64. Restart your computer, and when the Toshiba splash screen first shows, start pressing F12 until you reach the boot menu. Select the USB UEFI option, and follow the Windows setup. When you get to the step that asks you where to install Windows, delete all the drive partitions, select the single remaining unallocated space entry, and click next. Your hard drive will be wiped and a clean install of 64-bit Windows 10 will be installed.

Again, be sure to back up everything you care about before doing this!
06/24/2017 1:06 pm
Leeberator
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

You don't have a video driver installed, and AMD only offers driver downloads for 64-bit versions of Windows (for your GPU, at least). Because your laptop is running a 32-bit operating system, you will not be able to install a video driver.

That being said, nothing is stopping you from still giving it a go. Download AMD's Radeon Software here.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome