A message, to Microsoft & Mojang, that I will E-mail soon

Conn6orsuper117's Avatar Conn6orsuper1174/23/18 8:02 pm history
7/13/2018 5:17 am
Conn6orsuper117's Avatar Conn6orsuper117
Hello PMC, I am Conn6orsuper117. On the PC, I have been a fan of minecraft since the Alpha release back in 2009 but have not been a social player in the community until first joining PMC.

I have begun writing an E-mail to which I plan on sending to the Companies in charge of the Xbox version lf Minecraft Bedrock edition. Unlike various people who rip apart Bedrock edition, the E-Mail I plan on sending will provide constructive criticism, as well as suggestions to help improve the Xbox edition of Minecraft B.E.

If you wish to have your voice heard, Please leave me a suggestion on what should return to Minecraft B.E. from the now abandoned Xbox edition.

Here is my 1st draft of my letter that I will send to Microsoft, 4J & Mojang studios:

Dear Microsoft, 4J Studios & Mojang

Hello there, I am one of your average Players who have been playing on both the Xbox & P.C. since the Alpha days of Minecraft. The Bedrock edition (or more commonly referred to as the Better together update) of Minecraft which was released last year has players like me disgruntled. What your companies originally advertised about this update was ability for Minecraft users on all platforms to come together and play with each other on all platforms, but what we were given (in our honest opinion) was a rushed effort to release this update.

By the reaction via the majority of the community, It is evident that there has to be changes made in order to appeal to us, so instead of tearing it apart like other Minecraft players, I would like to provide constructive criticism over this version.

#1-Micro-transactions (Minecoins) have got to go!

I know this is how you want to fill your pool to go for a swim; BUT, first, it’s dangerous as paper and coins don’t work like water, (see the family guy sketch), and 2nd, It’s not a good choice for revenue. To be honest, I feel this update came out at the wrong time, as the EA scandal was going on at the exact time, and could’ve had a much smaller backlash if that wasn’t happening as you released it.

But because you remove Minecoins doesn’t mean you can’t make money, you can still release resource packs, mashup packs and Skins as DLC, like before with the console editions, you can even get creative and add a season pass every year so people can get DLC for free at a cost of $30, or have season pass exclusive DLC. I’ll even settle for a Price just to monetize my own Resource Pack with sounds (This does not include Music as people can exploit copyright music but that’s what monetizing is for) to release to the public.

#2- Rerelease Xbox One Edition.

There are many problems with the transition of Xbox One Edition to Bedrock edition, such as the various world exporting glitches, some of which have already been fixed. Or players, who previously played on the Xbox one edition, have not been given bedrock edition for free after release and had to pay $20 for another Minecraft game.

Plus what if players want to keep BOTH? There are features on the Xbox one that isn’t included in the Bedrock edition and importing/exporting worlds into bedrock would cause the bedrock edition to corrupt those worlds. And what if players are nostalgic to play the mini-games on the Xbox one edition of Minecraft, so far I couldn’t find anything remotely similar to them. That is why rereleasing the Xbox one edition can help sales and prevents players, players who’ve been there from the start, from leaving.

#3- More Moderators and Less Modders.

Not modders who create addons to add to the typical Minecraft experience such as a portal gun mod, dinosaurs mod or a Shader mod. We’re talking about the modders and hackers who Mod to gain an advantage, such as downloading X-Ray Resource packs to find diamonds, or God mode hackers. They Got to go, Guys.

So far this was an extreme step-down from what Minecraft Xbox One was, as nobody has taken the time to address these hackers. So right now, Minecraft Better together seems as a misnomer, as people haven’t been able to enjoy servers because of Exploitation and mods.

#4- Simplify, add and/or redo the various options

As everyone has said before, The Menus & Redstone has got to change. There should be an option to apply the Xbox crafting menu, or have the option to reset the dimensions like in the Xbox version. Xbox players are not used to classic crafting options and had a MAJOR disadvantage when they first made the transition. And when players start a world with structures enabled, there’s a big chance that strongholds won’t generate or the nether fortress won’t generate, resulting in a wasted world and wasted time.

Plus there are many features missing or downgraded such as the movement system for the Xbox players, or the lack of customization options for world generation, such as Amplified worlds and custom flatworlds. These need to return before players (who left) will return.

I’m not going to list all of the features missing as I would be typing a 60+ page Review, but there are many features that’s gotta go, such as the feature where entities standing on top prevents you using chests.

#5- Optimization.

This Section is self-explanatory; Minecraft Bedrock needs an extremely large face-lift with its engine, as the loading times are extremely long. People on a daily basis have been complaining about the performance issues that can easily be fixed. And the downgrade in graphical quality such as the water, leaves, and lava, I mean don’t get me wrong, but the water looks like Jelly compared to the water in the previous games. That’s all I’m gonna add.

If these Errors can get fixed, Minecraft Bedrock Edition will regain the great reputation is was promised and players like me will start returning to give it a 2nd chance, As a part of the community since 2010, I wish for the best of Minecraft and the best always comes when communication is involved, but there hasn’t been a lot of it since Bedrock editions release, which is the reason for my Letter, I’m not speaking just for Myself as a player, but a whole community of Millions.

Thank you for your time
(my personal information here)
(My Xbox Gamertag here)

Again, If you wish to have your voice heard, Please leave me a suggestion on what should return, change, or get fixed in Minecraft B.E. from the now abandoned Xbox edition. Thank you for yourtime and have a wonderful day.
Conn6orsuper117
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/13/2018 5:17 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
Conn6orsuper117
I'm Still writing a final draft that is more professional & appropriate but I am thankful for the feedback you all have left for me, I'll take consideration into some of these suggestions.
06/22/2018 11:18 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Crafter
MASTER_RICKY
and please tweet this on front of 4J and Mojang.
06/22/2018 2:17 amhistory
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
The microtransactions do not need to go. why? because unlike for EA stuff, it's not a way to pay for things that should already have been in the game. You do not NEED to pay to get extra content. There's loads of free content out there that's quite high-quality, and has been for years. The Marketplace does not replace these, it adds to them.

In the past, before the 'microtransactions' existed, there were loads of third-party servers. Do you know what these servers had? Lots and LOTS of microtransactions, for stuff like "ranks" that directly influenced your ability to play on that server.

This got completely out of hand, to the point where some players would spend hundreds of dollars on one server, often using their parent's creditcard.

In 2014, Mojang said "enough!", and reinforced their EULA to forbid that kind of pay2win.

The result was that the bigger servers could no longer get away with it. The smaller ones still do, but only if nobody reports them, so they can't go completely overboard still.
The one downside to it was that the market for custom-made content (cool-looking builds and gamemodes and stuff) was shrunk drastically. In the past, the most skilled individuals could make a very decent living. Now, anyone other than the very cream of the crop cannot make a living anymore.

Since many of us creators are now reaching the early stages of adulthood, we have to choose between continuing to create content full-time or getting a job and doing the occasional map in our free time, with drastically reduced frequency or quality.

The Marketplace offers the content creators of Minecraft a way to make a living doing what they love, which is creating awesome maps for players.

Yes, they cost money, but the option still exists to publish free content. In addition, in the past you would often pay around $20 or so for a decent rank on a server to unlock some of the more premium content on there.

The most expensive single pack I've seen on the Marketplace is worth the equivalent of $10, and contains a hell of a lot of stuff, often so much content that you can continue playing for 40 hours or more.

In the past, if I wanted to make a living, I'd need to charge $100+ for a terrain map for a server, and it would only be for THAT server. Now, I can work on a map that'll sell for the equivalent of $5 to lots of people.

In addition, if I were to have multiple existing maps on the Marketplace, people would occasionally buy them still, even after the initial rush of purchases right after publishing.
What this means is that if I have enough content on the Marketplace, I'll get a basic income that takes the pressure off, giving me time to make free contributions to the community as well.

Instead of having to take on an exhausting fulltime job that leaves me too tired to make anything, I could make do with a part-time job for a basic stable income, work on Marketplace maps, and make free stuff for the community on the side.

TLDR:
In the past, to get extra content you'd often have to spend dozens of dollars on server ranks full of annoying, rude players and potentially abusive staff, and if you got banned that money is gone.

Worse, most of that content would be mediocre or dependent for its fun upon the other people playing.

That content would often be exclusive to that server. Other servers could have a variant, but it would not be the exact same.

Now, with about $10 you could buy any one expansion pack made by expert members of the community to the best of their ability, and retain access to it forever.

Don't look at the Marketplace as microtransactions. Look at it as community-made DLC, or even more so look at it as a sort of Steam for Minecraft. These are not just pale additions to an existing game, like most microtransactions are. You don't unlock just one character for $5, you get a whole new experience. They're basically new games made with Minecraft as an engine.

On the rest of your points, others have already given sufficient answer.

I understand it might suck for things to change the way they have. I'm not completely happy with Bedrock as it is either, I feel like they should at least make sure it has most of the features of Java, and make it easier for mapmakers to get shit done in.

However, its base performance is already a huge upgrade over the Java edition, because it's written in C++. This language is way more fitting for games than Java, it requires less resources to achieve the same thing.

The disadvantage to C++ is that its more difficult, so stuff like external tools and mods and the likes are way harder to write.
06/22/2018 12:58 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I'm a bit late to the discussion but I disagree that micro transactions need to go. That is... Don't get me wrong: I also dislike that stuff in games and in my opinion no game should have those. But this is different: this also allows artists (skin designers, modders, etc.) to sell their own stuff. And besides: you don't have to grab that latest cool theme pack.

Thing is: we keep getting good stuff on the Java edition (I'm very excited for Aquatic to come out!) but riddle me this: who pays for all the updates?

It's simple really: on the PC (Java edition) you have to do all things by hand. Installing a texture pack? Then you'd better know where your Minecraft data folder is. Changing your skin? Well, it's up to you to find one of the dozens of sites out there and make sure you get the right stuff. And so on... You need to know what you're doing.

The console editions... not so much. Point and click. Sure, it costs more but you also get what you paid for.

Can't comment on your other items because I only play the Java edition.
06/22/2018 12:45 am
MASTER_RICKY
Also, Bedrock console is fairly new. It's just need more chances and updates. I think you can report the bugs at Mojang's website or Discord. They can simply add console features and it will be great again.
I like to watch a YouTuber named IBXToyCat who has vids on updates, patch notes, features, overviews and advice on Minecraft Bedrock.
06/22/2018 12:39 am
MASTER_RICKY
I think its better if you Tweet it out or post on the official Minecraft Discord. No one likes to check e-mails mate.
04/26/2018 10:57 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
BioPowered
Simple solution: Go back to Java

JAVA for life!!!
04/24/2018 2:20 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
only way they will change is if 80%+ people wrote the same thing and stopped playing and no more new purchaces
04/23/2018 11:29 pmhistory
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
1. The Marketplace is filled with content created by the community, dwarfing the amount of legacy first-party content. Ditching this model for a "season pass" strategy hurts community creators, taking revenue away from them and putting it entirely in Mojang's pockets. Besides, it's not like the Marketplace is the only place to get new Bedrock content. The game natively supports custom skins, packs, and world imports.

2. While they won't be selling new copies of the legacy console editions, players who already own it can still play it whenever (and, I believe, reinstall whenever). I feel like their best bet is to re-release the minigames from legacy editions, though in time servers and community-created maps will likely reproduce them anyway.

3. Legacy console editions had fewer cheats for the same reason macOS has fewer viruses - it's a very closed platform. Because this edition is cross-platform, console players can often run into PC and mobile users running cheats. While Windows has something built-in to combat this (called TruePlay), Mojang hasn't implemented it to proceed with their hands-off approach to dealing with cheaters. The community has been handling them for 8 years now - no reason to change what already works well.

4. I mostly agree with your points here. The new UI is pretty good, but crafting on legacy console was a lot more organized in my opinion.

5. The game runs pretty darn well in its current state. It runs like butter even on less powerful devices, and has very high scalability for powerful desktop PC's. The upcoming graphics engine rework will optimize performance even more, paving the way for the Super Duper Graphics Pack. With the exception of initial startup, loading times are faster across the board compared to Java, and on par with legacy console. The menu system used to be slow, but as of a few updates ago it's been very snappy. While the new menu animations could use some work (30 or 60 FPS lock on the animation is a poor choice), but overall it's as responsive as legacy versions. As for the textures, I agree some of them are outdated, but I think they're holding out for the complete texture rework to make any changes.
06/22/2018 12:41 am
MASTER_RICKY
Me too, I agree. The Marketplace kinda functions like Patreon for Minecraft. The Legacy Console UI is much more simple and the Bedrock UI, you just need to learn it.
04/23/2018 9:56 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Apaul27
You can't distract mojang by email...
04/23/2018 9:16 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Birb
DukkiStuff
don't bother email-ing mojang. they care about no-one but themselvs and there marketing.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome