Minecraft nether quartz

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis12/9/18 4:21 am
2 emeralds 548 5
12/10/2018 8:07 pm
AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Nether_Quartz_Ore

It turns out nether quartz ore can have the gains duplicated by using a fortune pickaxe after all according to this wiki page, however it appears to be chance based, as it says up to 4 quartz pieces can be obtained from each ore with a pickaxe with a fortune level 3 enchantment.

Well this is good to know, but this means you have to be very lucky to obtain 16 pieces of quartz per 4 nether quartz ores.

And aside from the massive XP gains from mining the substance and the ores being relatively common in the nether, nether quartz doesn't appear to have much use other than a decorative block.

However it sure looks nice, so no complaint there, except I do wished it was a trade option through villagers.
Plus you can mix white temple builds with quartz and polished diorite to maximise the efficiency of the builds.

Thank the community for providing wikis like this, if this is factual information.
I don't remember obtaining large amounts of quartz in my old survival world gameplay, but this is nice to find out.

AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner