A question for Datapackers on the difference between datapacks on Realms and on singleplayer

aRockWithGooglyEyes's Avatar aRockWithGooglyEyes1/20/21 8:14 pm
1 emeralds 101 3
1/20/2021 9:21 pm
aRockWithGooglyEyes's Avatar aRockWithGooglyEyes
Hi!

I am very new to this site and recently uploaded a datapack called "Simple Wooden Boomerangs". Someone who had downloaded the pack left a helpful comment saying that while the pack works just fine in singleplayer, it does not work properly on worlds played on realms (the boomerang couldn't be thrown). I tried this out myself and got the same result, and it seems as if the function that normally allows the boomerang to be thrown is not executing. For any experienced datapackers out there, what are some of the differences between the way datapacks are read into the game on realms vs on singleplayer?
aRockWithGooglyEyes
Level 29 : Expert Enchanter