Appeal to reduce making low effort data packspan_tool

DiversifiedPlayz's Avatar DiversifiedPlayz8/2/21 8:47 am history
8/26/2021 12:14 am
LegendOfYukari's Avatar LegendOfYukari
Number of low effort DataPacks are increasing on planet minecraft day by day and this is hiding the high effort DataPacks from showing up in trending section.PMC user who goes by the name kanokarob has made a great video describing the current state of datapacks on Planet Minecraft.Most low effort DataPacks are custom crafting recipes that make the game extremely easy and the others are ____ drops OP items.But these are only some from the many themes of low effort

DataPacks out there.
All of this is just my opinion.

Poll ended 08/16/2021 8:46 am.

DiversifiedPlayz
Level 86 : Elite Creator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/16/2021 12:36 amhistory
Level 20 : Expert Network
LegendOfYukari
I know you're upset; I am as well. That's why the site developers should make more use of that emerald and diamond feature of theirs. There is currently no option to sort by most "upvoted", and this is very common with the Java server page being filled with low-quality SMPs and realms. "Downvoting" makes the site too-much reddit like (disgusting). Use your voice folks. If you're upset about something, then write about it!
When I created my server two years ago, I only had a few hours on the forums before being crumpled with the same SMP/realm servers over and over again.
08/24/2021 1:09 amhistory
Level 91 : Overlord Terraformer
Starmute
Upvoted because funny gap train
08/26/2021 12:14 am
LegendOfYukari
yass touhou
08/16/2021 12:56 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Pleasenotme
Using our voice doesn't really help us, because the creators of these data packs usually have no activity on PMC except posting these data packs - they will not respond to wall posts or forums.

Also, many of them just remove comments that they don't like, or ignore them. I have yet to see a single one give a satisfactory justification for continuing to post these (some nice people do stop posting them when told about the problem, but sadly this is a small minority)

However, after reading some old blogs, I do now agree that downvotes aren't a viable fix.
08/16/2021 1:01 am
LegendOfYukari
I agree. I think they should get one shot at their "OP LOOT PACK" and move on. They can improve through smaller forums, or a new forum can be created for lower level novices.

Same thing goes for servers. We don't need "SMP REALM" spam.
08/16/2021 12:13 am
Level 43 : Master Procrastinator
Wedhro
Opton 3 seems cool but it doesn't work, see YouTube for example: no matter how you can vote against low effort content, it's still very popular and it wins by getting more views (or downloads, in our case). It's basically spam, and spam is only fought with automatic filters/robots, and teams of moderators (option 2), but that would be like PMC saying "I hate my own community".

Probably a flagging stytem that pushes down the worst content would work better (option 1) because it's not based on how many people agree, but it would still require dedicated people who flag and check if others are flagging accurately or just trolling.
08/15/2021 12:33 am
Level 1 : New Engineer
Nader Shah Afshar
maybay add catogaries for op datapacks and minecraft but datapacks
08/14/2021 1:04 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Princess
BlockyGoddess
How about a "op datapack" type category users can hide?
08/15/2021 1:05 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Senpai
YokaiS
people would still have to hide it themselves, and most people wouldn't use filters so it won't make much of a difference
08/02/2021 9:49 am
Pleasenotme
I made a ticket for option #3 btw
www.planetminecraft.com/tickets/14763/
08/02/2021 9:50 am
Level 86 : Elite Creator
DiversifiedPlayz
nice
08/02/2021 9:10 amhistory
Pleasenotme
Hm.... all three ideas have theirs pros and cons.

The first one would require a lot of moderation by the mods (and would also be pretty subjective - what defines 'low-effort')

The second one would also require moderation, but I suppose if executed properly might work.

I like the third idea the most - it requires no extra moderation, and can be implemented quite easily. The community would be responsible for deciding which data packs they dislike. If downvotes cancelled out upvotes, that would also prevent these data packs from clogging the trending feed.

I think you can open a ticket for stuff like this btw
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome