Can you add more variant to a mob with variants using a datapack?

JoeEnderman's Avatar JoeEnderman5/28/22 1:02 pm
5/29/2022 2:34 am
JoeEnderman's Avatar JoeEnderman
I made a Bedrock behavior pack that added more variants, but it wasn't stable enough. Are Java Datapacks more stable with added mobs? I will update this with the answer if I end up finding it myself. And if it is a "no" then expect a Fabric mod.
JoeEnderman
Level 51 : Grandmaster Creeper Hugger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/29/2022 2:34 am
JoeEnderman
For the 2 people (if that) who really care and want to know what I am talking about, I am making an axolotl mod that adds more variants. "But, Joe, just retexture More Axolotl Variants Mod like you have done three-and-a-half times already." No, it only adds 10 variants, and all with wierd rarities. I don't care how rare the colors are IRL, I just want more variation. So the weights for mine will be whatever vanilla axolotls are. Except the wild green one. That one will be 1.5 to 2x vanilla axolotl spawn rate. Also, I want at least 15 variants. "Well, just install more axolotls and retexture it's axolotls too." Now you are just being picky. I want more control over my mod than that, plus, once I understand how Fabric works, I can make more mods. So, maybe you can expect some simple vanilla+ mods from me in the near future.
05/29/2022 2:22 am
JoeEnderman
I looked, and less of the entity data is in the datapack folder, so no, not without some legendary hacking skills. Besides, even with the hacking skills, you might notice that datapack mods have huge limitations and you immersion is ruined one way or another. The fabric mod path allows me to make it super lightweight and do exactly what I want.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome