Datapacks for 1.16

BladeZNick's Avatar BladeZNick6/15/20 5:47 pm
2 emeralds 256 1
6/15/2020 10:44 pm
CowsDaBest_YT's Avatar CowsDaBest_YT
Hey all! So I am bringing up a topic today about datapacks for 1.16! As you probably know already, 1.16 is almost ready for release! It will be coming out in the next week or so! It is currently on pre release 5 at the time of this being posted! So let's talk about datapacks in 1.16. Datapacks will become even more advanced and easier to make once 1.16 officially releases. Leaving datapack creators with new things such as block tags that allow certain mobs to dislike a block. Basically meaning if a mob dislikes a block, it will fear it and run away. Such as piglins being afraid of soul fire.

Other changes are the ability to add custom dimensions to the game! This is really cool because before in order to make custom dimensions, you would either have to use the roof of the nether, or somewhere really far out in the world for a dimension. But now, you can officially add custom dimensions to the game without replacing anything! You can add dimensions such as floating islands, caves, and flat worlds. You can even customize them for specific biomes! And even create new portals! As of 1.16 pre release 1, custom dimensions were easier to add to datapacks! Before, you would have to make a new world to add a custom dimension. Now, you can add it in a folder inside your datapack!

Some other changes are the ability to have attributes in a much better way! Attributes are now much easier to use than before! I don't know much about how the new attributes work, so I won't talk much about this. But, it is a lot easier to use attributes inside of datapacks and even without them!

With that said, I am very excited for 1.16 to officially release. And I hope you are too! 1.16 will change datapacks forever! New dimensions, attributes, and block tags will be very useful for the present, and beyond!
BladeZNick
Level 48 : Master Modder