Help with buckets in custom recipes!

Alast00r's Avatar Alast00r6/29/19 11:33 pm history
3 emeralds 2.2k 4
11/7/2020 11:06 am
pedrogmyt's Avatar pedrogmyt
Hey guys!

I'm new to datapack making and I'm currently on the progress of my first datapack, which is a custom recipe I made with help from this site.
The problem is: it uses water bucket on its crafting recipe, and filled buckets are known for its uniqueness that is you get an empty bucket back. I.e.: three buckets leftovers from milk buckets of a cake recipe, bucket back from using lava bucket as fuel and so on, you got the idea.
My recipe uses water bucket + a fish to create a fish bucket, but when I was testing the pack, I ended up getting duplicate buckets (the fish bucket as a result, and the empty bucket as leftover), and I don't want this to happen, I wanna make the bucket be consumed so you can get it back with a fish on it, and not make a new one because it'd be cheaty and broken.
Is there a way to "bypass" or disable this functionality just for this pack?

Sorry for making it a long read I just wanted to make sure I make everything clear, and thanks for your time. Any help will be appreciated.
Alast00r
Level 1 : New Miner