Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Minecraft - Java Edition keyboard_arrow_right Data Packs

Create Forum Thread

Seeking feedback on Data Pack main categories and filters

25 emeralds69 replies692 views
created 10/06/2019 10:50 am by Cyprezz history
last reply 10/14/2019 10:45 pm
We currently have Data Packs as a subcategory of Mods which is incorrect. It was a temporarily solution to gather them into one place and it served that purpose.

We're ready to create a dedicated section for Data Packs to help support the Data Pack developers and grow the community that loves them. In addition, it will allow us to host periodic competitions as proposed by FrenchBagel in this thread.

In order to create the Data Pack section, we need a proper and ideally comprehensive set of categories. FrenchBagel and I started brainstorming in previously mentioned thread and have come up with following tentative list:

Previous Tentative CategoriesCURRENT Tentative Categories
  • Advancements
  • Aesthetic
  • Armor
  • Blocks
  • Farming
  • Functional
  • Items
  • Magic
  • Mechanics
  • Mini-game
  • Mobs
  • Quality of Life
  • Recipes
  • Structures
  • Weapons
  • Other

• Adventure
  • Block
  • Cosmetic
  • Complex
  • Game mechanic
  • Item
  • Mini-game
  • Mob
  • Nonfunctional
  • Player mechanic
  • Quality of life
  • Tool
  • World generation
  • Other

NEW READERS: See this reply for most up to date plan.

In addition to the main category list, we can provide additional filters. Meaning, one could select "Aesthetic" category & then further filter that list down by changing additional filters from "Any" to a specific setting.

One required filter will be:
Filter: Game Version
  • All Game Versions
  • Minecraft 1.14
  • Minecraft 1.13
Filter: Modifies
  • Any
  • Advancements
  • Functions
  • Loot tables
  • Predicates (1.15)
  • Structures
  • Recipes
If the Data Pack is uploaded, we can scan the JSON format to automatically determine exactly what the pack modifies. Otherwise, the developer can manually check / uncheck what it modifies.

We don't need to have additional filters but an example of a possible useful filter might be:
Filter #2: Game Mode Not going to implement.
  • Any Game Mode (default)
  • Single Player
  • Multi-player
  • Creative
  • Survival
  • Other

PRIMARY FOCUS: What does the Data Pack community think of the proposed main categories? Are we missing any? Is there a better term for any of the proposed? Are any of them too specific / should be merged? If they all look good, please comment and let us know that as well.

Secondary focus: Optional filters. Besides the game version, are their filters that apply to all / most Data Packs and would be useful for developers & the community?

Looking forward to nailing this down and launching the new section.

Note: All existing packs will be moved into the new section and a script will attempt to automatically place them into a matching main category based on their tags / title. Any that don't match will go into "Other". Of course, creators can change the category.
Posted by avatar
Cyprezz
Admin / Lead Developer
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Cyborg

comment Login or register to post a reply.

69 replies

10/14/2019 7:58 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fox
CaptainFox123
When this section is created, it needs the "1.15 Snapshot" version like CurseForge (Since some datapacks are for the 1.15 snapshot), and when 1.15 is fully released it should be Minecraft 1.15, and when the next snapshot for 1.15 is released, don't just call it "1.15 Snapshot" basically make a subcategory of a subcategory, for all the 1.15 snapshots, it also should be like this for other Minecraft versions.
10/14/2019 6:13 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
czaplicki
Would be really nice to have a "requires optifine" filter, as optifine adds tons of graphical possibilities for making data-pack resource-pack combos. But everyone does not use optifine, and if you are a server owner for example, you want everyone to see the same things, with or with out it.
10/14/2019 12:46 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Robot
Bertiecrafter
Interesting, do you have an example?
10/14/2019 1:53 pm
czaplicki
I don't use optifine myself, but before I started making datapacks, I did some research to see what was possible to create and found that some of the stuff was optifine reliant. Here is a YouTube clip I had saved, the main thing here is the ability to change the model, and not only the texture^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siG7Y7hnVzg&list=PL9y0M1Rt-PzlFct9rncpYSfST1LN4_AWH, If I remember correctly there was a fair bit more, but can't seem to find where I saved those :,0
10/14/2019 8:00 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fox
CaptainFox123
Yes, they should add an Optifine Required filter.
10/13/2019 9:06 pmhistory
Level 53 : Grandmaster Technomancer
GatKong
Considering a LOT of datapacks are simply recipe packs, adding "recipe" as a category is an almost must.

edit to add: same for advancements.

recipes and advancements are both super-plentiful because they are so easy to make, and don’t by themselves change the game. They truly are a category each unto themselves.

Other datapack types change/add/delete concepts from and to the game.
10/13/2019 9:26 pm
Level 42 : Master Archer
LemilasTheElf
Definitely. Since recipe datapacks are simpler (relatively speaking), a lot of datapack makers, myself included, have only ever made packs that add recipes. I suppose with the current categories, they would go under Item, but there are enough of them that I personally think it would be worth having a separate category.
10/14/2019 12:19 am
GatKong
For sure. Even “Item” implies the pack adds a new item to the game. Recipe acknowledges the pack adds nothing new, except to add just that recipe to get to an item that’s already in the game.
10/14/2019 12:59 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Sir_Craftypants
In the Dropdown Menu I think it should be categorised as

Datapacks
Texture Packs
Texture Datapacks
Mods
Modpacks

Also allow for pack upload owners to change the categories of an upload by editing it in a dropdown menu when updating/editing an upload. This way it isn't down to PMC to do all that work themselves. All PMC would have to do is advise members that they can now choose and change categories after posting mods, packs etc rather than only when uploading for the first time, if that is possible..
10/14/2019 1:29 pm
GatKong
Maybe better to allow datapacks to link to related texture packs, so users understand/accept they are distinct.

The two install differently. When I bundle them together, users treat the whole zip as as datapack, so then none of it works and I have to explain for the millionth time to unzip it, and install each part as appropriate.

would be VERY useful for the datapack to have two side-by-side download buttons... one for datapack, one for resource pack.
10/14/2019 1:45 pmhistory
Sir_Craftypants
I make it a methodical practice to always explain how to install correctly in both the description of an upload and or in a text file within the main zip file and explain in the description of the upload that the help file is in the zip file and that they should unzip the main zip file. All in laymans.
10/14/2019 1:48 pm
Sir_Craftypants
If you type it all in a text file and leave on your desktop then it's just a simple copy and paste the instructions in to the description when you need it.
10/14/2019 1:13 pmhistory
Sir_Craftypants
I'm not sure if there are any Texture Datapacks out there like my Shoppers City Texture Datapack as it covers a wide range of categories like.

Farming
Recipes
3D Blocks and Models
Vendors
Plants
Food
Drinks
Weapons
and so on.

What category would I put my pack in? I couldn't possibly only choose one. I don't think we should have any categories beyond the dropdown menu's at the head of the website page. This is what Tags are for, if someones looking for 3D Blocks then they simply search for 3D Blocks, it's down to the uploader to put the right Tags in to their upload. All the above list are tags under Shoppers City. On the Tag subject though, it would be nice if we could use more than one word for Tags.
10/14/2019 11:03 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Modder
Mizab
I think there should be a 'Multiplayer' filter because many datapack except datapack based on recipes, loot table are multiplayer or non-multiplayer, hence its become necessary to add this filter, so that people can see what datapack is multiplayer-friendly and what datapack is not.
10/14/2019 5:10 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Dragon
Hardel
For Datapack category need :

A donwload button for RessourcePack

and a download button for Datapack.

A history of all versions (RessourcePack and Datapack) on the left side.
10/14/2019 12:43 am
GatKong
If we’re adding datapacks, it will be helpful for consumers to see a number representing how many lines of code the datapack intends to run per tick. A pack that adds zero per tick, for example, is far less a burden on a server than one that runs a thousand. An average per-tick rating is thus a helpful rating to have as a required description Input.
10/14/2019 2:49 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Modder
Tetrajak
While this is easy to check by looking at whatever functions are in the mincraft/tag/functions/tick.json file, it's less easy to judge where there are conditions involved (i.e. "execute if/unless"), especially when combined with commands like schedule. Another problem with that idea is that some commands place a greater load on the server than others; i.e. "execute as @p" is a lot less taxing than "execute as @e". I agree it would be nice to see, but I don't think a meaningful number can be gained from automated analysis of data pack contents, and the number itself is somewhat useless without context; i.e. how much it's actually going to slow down the average machine (and what even is the average machine anyway?).
10/14/2019 12:48 pm
Bertiecrafter
I kinda had the same thought at the bottom of this comment.
10/13/2019 5:26 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
MukiTanuki
I would like to request a "Server Utilities" category.
10/12/2019 5:00 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect
legopitstop
Add API for a Category. as some packs may need other packs. and add a 'Snapshot' option for game version.
10/13/2019 1:40 am
Level 42 : Master Architect
TheVoyde
I feel like Complex is too loose of a term. With that term used it really doesn't help describe datapacks people could be looking for. Also, I'm curious, what does the nonfunctional tab have?
10/12/2019 4:38 am
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
Yirggzmb
I'm certainly happy to have a proper datapack category outside of mods. (though moving it out of projects was also a big improvement)

Of the proposed sub categories, I'm honestly not sure what "nonfunctional" would be for. Packs that just add advancements maybe? It's not a very clear name. Everything else seems crystal clear.

Meanwhile, the proposition to have a place to upload both the data pack and a resource pack is excellent. I'll happily update my listings to include that where necessary.
10/12/2019 1:48 pm
Cyprezz
There is probably a better term for nonfunctional. We'll have to think about it a bit more.
10/11/2019 6:06 pmhistory
Cyprezz
To Data Pack developers, I just started running the notification above your Data Packs specifically for you to notice that this thread exists. Don't feel like you're late to the thread. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
10/11/2019 11:29 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
Zero_4793
Can we do a Halloween themed datapack competition?
I think it called really get the ball rolling.
10/12/2019 1:45 pm
Cyprezz
While I hope to have the Data Pack section live prior to Halloween, there will not be enough time to properly host a Halloween competition this year. We'll have to think more about an appropriate first contest.
10/11/2019 8:56 pm
Tetrajak
Regarding specific category names;
  • Non-functional makes it sound like a data pack that's broken. From what I've read in the thread, it sounds like it was instead meant to mean cosmetic-only data packs, so wouldn't these just go into the Cosmetic category you already have in the tentative list?
  • What's the difference between the Game Mechanic and Player Mechanic categories?
In contrast to some other comments in this thread, I think data pack categories should be more meaningful to the users of the data packs, rather than their creators. The categories exist to help people looking to use data packs narrow down the whole list of data packs to a smaller group that's more likely to contain what they're looking for while they're searching, aren't they? Further to this; data packs are, effectively, just mods that are made using a framework provided by Mojang, rather than a third party (like Forge, or Fabric); why not just use the same category list that the Mods section of PMC already has, or at least give both sections the same categories?

They types of game elements that a data pack effects (e.g. blocks, status effects, mobs, world gen, etc.) are already covered by the suggested Modifies filter, although it should perhaps have a few more items added to its list (such as world gen, custom mobs, blocks, etc.), or a similar filter that the data pack creator can manually inform should be added for such things that can't be automatically detected by PMC.
10/12/2019 8:31 amhistory
Bertiecrafter
A distinguishment between mods and datapacks is necessary, because there are differences between them. Some people don't know how to install mods and other people want to avoid data packs because of overridden functionality of already existing items. It would piss some people off if they got a different kind of mod to what they wanted to find.
10/12/2019 2:48 pmhistory
Tetrajak
I agree, they are different and therefore each need their own sections on PMC. However, they're similar enough that I think they can share the categories already given to mods.

As for overridden functionality on existing items; that's something some mods do too. Poor design and implementation affect both mods and data packs, and that's the fault of a mod/data pack's author more than the framework they're built in.
10/11/2019 11:31 pm
Zero_4793
I agree with non-functional being cosmetic.
But i can see a reasonable difference between Game/World and Player mechanics.
I agree that datapacks and mods do and should share many categories but there definitely are some major differences that warrant exclusive categories.
10/12/2019 12:31 am
Tetrajak
What differences do you see between game and player mechanics, as separate categories? What sort of data packs/mods would go into one, but not the other?

What sort of categories do you think are exclusive to data packs?
10/12/2019 12:37 am
Zero_4793
Using my datapack as an example, players biology and pain and movement i would class as player mechanics, the natural and dynamic world and the machines that you can build i would class as game or world mechanics. Although these categories may be getting a bit blurry. Maybe it should just be mechanics and any further differentiation could be put in tags.
Major differences between mods and datapacks is that as of now datapacks cannot create new items, blocks or entities. Only alter existing ones. Due to this some categories that mods have to do with new content would not be applicable to datapacks.
10/12/2019 12:55 am
Tetrajak
While there are no easy ways to create new entities, items, or blocks naturally with data packs, I would argue that such things are certainly possible to hack together in such a way that a resource pack can disguise pre-existing things as new things (after all, that's why the CustomModelData NBT tag exists). There's a data pack that adds beetles to the End (eetles), which appear to the player as an entirely new mob. There's several magic data packs that add "new" wand items and magical components, as well as farming and cooking data packs that add new crops and food items. I've personally made a data pack that adds "new" blocks (using disguised mushroom block states), called Painted Blocks, and I've seen "new" blocks added using spawners with armor stands inside them, as well as armor stands holding disguised items that have a model which masks some other block (like a chest with items in it to make it look like a custom GUI).

I'll agree that what we can do with regard to new entities, blocks, and items currently is kind of hacky, and we're certainly limited on what sort of functionality we can give them (e.g. there's no way to create a fully custom GUI and related functionality), I think they still quality as new entities, blocks, and items such that the uninformed player doesn't recognise any of them as reskins of pre-existing things.
10/09/2019 10:39 am
Level 47 : Master Dragon
Hashs
As a primary data pack creator (3x popular reel) I agree with much of this. A resource pack option would be much appreciated, as currently for Undermagic I have to file mirror to another site (Data Pack Center) for the resource pack.

As for categories, taking some from below:
  • Some kind of category to represent a large amount of varying content, used for packs such as my own Undermagic.
  • Mini-game
  • Adventure
  • Cosmetic
  • Game Mechanic
  • QoL (there are many packs that serve very few purposes outside of QoL)
  • Admin Tool
  • Other
10/09/2019 2:13 pmhistory
Level 29 : Expert Modder
ImCoolYeah105
I would agree with Hashs that there should be a category to represent a lot of game changing content. Take my project Mechanization for example: it adds blocks, items, cosmetics, world gen, player mechanics, game mechanics, and QoL features. If it was a mod it would just get shoved in the Tech category, but there aren't enough 'tech' datapacks for that.

Few names I can recommend would be Overhaul, Game-Altering, or Expansive.
10/12/2019 8:41 am
Bertiecrafter
Maybe a big pack like that should be split up? Big datapacks might lag too much for what they're used for by some people.
10/12/2019 11:42 am
Level 29 : Expert Modder
ImCoolYeah105
Mech is really well optimized. For the hundreds of people that have played it I've only had 2-3 lag complaints (and they were fps complaints probably related to the resourcepack). I'm actually kind of surprised how well it runs based on it's size (over 15000 commands), but it works very well.
10/08/2019 11:05 amhistory
Cyprezz
After considering the feedback from Bertiecrafter and FrenchBagel here's what I'm thinking now.

Data Packs on PMC would support two file uploads:
1) Data Pack ( required )
2) Resource Pack ( optional ) file or first-party / third-party links. First-party being a link to a resource pack on PMC & third-party any other link.

This would support the Data Pack & Resource Pack combo which allows the greatest amount of modification to the game without being a /mod/.

Revised Tentative Categories:
  • Adventure
  • Cosmetic
  • Block
  • Mini-game
  • Game mechanic
  • Item
  • Mob
  • Nonfunctional
  • Player mechanic
  • Quality of life
  • Admin Tool
  • World generation
  • Other
So, I basically went with Bertie's suggestions as they all make sense. The advancements, structures, recipes etc categories that I had in my initial list are being moved to their own filter. I'm happy with the revised categories above with some hesitation on "Adventure" vs simply merging with "Mini-game" and with "Cosmetic", "Nonfunctional" & "Quality of Life" vs merging with "Other". However, I like the separation even if there's some overlap. I'd like to avoid having too many Data Packs fall under the "Other" category and think these are reasonable alternatives that developers will choose over "Other" and players will also enjoy filtering by. Are we missing any main categories or "Other alternatives"?

Filter: Modifies
If the Data Pack is uploaded, we can scan the JSON format to automatically determine exactly what the pack modifies: advancements, functions, loot tables, predicates (1.15), structures, recipes. Otherwise, the developer can manually check / uncheck what it modifies.

Filter: Includes
Bertie, you recommended having an "extra requirements" filter in your reply. You're right that this is a new type of selection list but mainly on the public listing side of things. I'll have to think about how best to provide this type of filter in the listings. I think on the submission form it's simply another set of checkboxes like described above for .

I'd like to have them automatically "checked" based on if the developer uploads a Resource Pack / Links to one, Data Pack scan detects a tick or uninstall function, etc. It looks like I can easily detect the existence of tick functions by searching for the minecraft:tick tag. I also see minecraft:load but I do not see a minecraft:uninstall or similar and without the game officially supporting it... Is this something that you're looking to help establish as a best practice for developers? How would someone run the uninstall function? I'm not 100% sold on adding this filter but I can see it being useful for some.

Side Topics:

Bertie's Naming Conventions & Rules, feel free to create a thread elaborating on this. However, I think it would need to be "Guidelines" or "Recommendations". While I want us to support the Data Pack community and conventions will help, I don't want to come across as any kind of authority on the subject. If the community itself is helping each other establish common practices then I don't mind promoting that activity with potential links in the side bar. The more collaboration the better.

Data Pack Viewer: Ideally, we'll develop a way to preview / browse the contents of the Data Pack on PMC. JSON web viewers already exist. This would only work on Data Packs uploaded to PMC though. It would be like PMCView3D tab on projects on PMC that upload schematic files.
10/11/2019 5:26 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
blazeandcave
A bit late to the party, but here's my input:
I'd say the whole plan sounds good. I've wanted a resource pack slot for a while although since in my datapack the resource pack is optional to use (because all it does is allow you to play my datapack in other languages, meaning if you just play in English you won't need it) maybe add a checkbox for saying whether or not the resource pack is required?

Also additionally I'm a bit unsure which category I'd choose to use for my advancements datapack since it pretty much only adds advancements (maybe game mechanic?). I know some other datapacks only add recipes or loot tables (which would fit under "Quality of life") and some only structures (fit under "Adventure"). So I know for projects there's long been a category called "Challenge/Adventure" so maybe a category like that.

Also I saw in another comment by Hashs that their suggestion for a category is "Some kind of category to represent a large amount of varying content," (cause it is theoretically possible for a datapack to add many new custom mobs, blocks, mechanics and structures to the world generation) I think a good name for this category might be "Overhaul" (namely meaning the datapack largely overhauls the vanilla gameplay experience) or maybe a less intensive name like "New Content" or just "Content" (which just implies the datapack adds some [but not a lot] of new content to the game.)

(Off-topic, but speaking of categories, I kind of feel like the categories for "projects" needs a huge update/overhaul due to a lot of people making custom maps and most custom maps either only fit into "Challenge/Adventure" or "Other" since most of the categories only describe what the project is visually. Plus many maps have a huge mix of structures. But that's for another day)
10/12/2019 8:46 am
Bertiecrafter
I don't think there are much use cases for an "optional, but given in case" resource pack. I could be wrong though. It's the users choice to download the resource pack though, so maybe a note in the description is enough?
I would agree that the example datapack would fit under "Adventure" or "Challenge / Adventure".
Also, I'm not sure about big datapacks that change too much at once. It's good to group similar things into one datapack, but too big datapacks can cause unnecessary lag.
10/14/2019 4:31 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
blazeandcave
It is true that most datapacks that have a resource pack actually require it but "most" does not equal "all" so the checkbox should still be there to account for those cases.
10/14/2019 12:34 am
Hashs
I’ve noticed you’ve been saying that we should shy away from big packs with a lot of content. A little late for that since we have two examples of exactly that in these comments alone (and I’m sure there are more out there). To that end, I agree with blazeandcave that an “overhaul” or “content” category is much needed.
10/14/2019 12:55 pmhistory
Bertiecrafter
Come to think of it, maybe big datapacks aren't the problem, but datapacks that try to add too much of a variety at once.

The kind of packs that are too wide in the different subjects they have. Therefore I don't think overhaul or content categories are good to have as people will simply combine datapacks to be able to advertise them as big and extensive.
The mentioned Mech datapack is huge, but it's coverage area is relatively small.
It doesn't make sense to create categories based on "vertical" deepness, as in, complexity/completeness/extensive-ness. All categories naturally are based on "horizontal" spread, the subjects/themes they touch. I still think there can't be a category to promote datapacks with a large horizontal spread.

After all, resource packs don't have an "overhaul" category, or any other category to indicate how much of the game assets have been changed, either.
10/14/2019 10:45 pm
Hashs
What you're saying is very true. I personally dislike packs simply called, for example, "vanilla plus" or "better mobs" that in fact just change loot tables, or add completely different features. The titles are misleading often times. What I'm saying is that we need a category for content packs, Mech being an example. We can treat it kinda like the "new content" category in the mods section. Not sure exactly how to perfectly classify it but pretty much any pack that adds stuff such as ores, armor sets, weapons, etc. Stuff you'd normally expect from a mod.
10/08/2019 12:09 pmhistory
Bertiecrafter
This comment is already seen as well.

Original Message
10/09/2019 10:05 amhistory
Cyprezz
We'll keep Adventure separate from Mini-game.

QOL
I can agree Quality of Life is vague but I also personally would be interested browsing tweaks to the game that don't necessarily add or change anything significant besides making my life easier when interacting with an existing elements of the game. I see them as fixes that nearly everyone would install if they knew they existed. It's like being pointed out that there's an easier / better way of solving a problem that you didn't realize was consuming your time every day. That said, maybe there's a better term for that? Term is probably "Data Pack" and solution is letting it go. :D

Cosmetic Category
I do still think Cosmetic is worth splitting out from Nonfunctional. Hats, decorations, particle effects would fall under Cosmetic. I think it's a term that is clearer than nonfunctional when seeking that aesthetic content changes. Cosmetic Data Packs are capable of changing what Resource Packs can't on their own.

Data Influenced Categories
Your idea for user-generated categories already exists but just needs the grouping of like terms, admin/mod analysis, new category identification and creation step; the tag system. You can manually scan the un-grouped top tags for mods here. Honestly, I should create the tool to group like terms, ignore existing main categories and review the list for every section on PMC for potential new categories.

Uninstall Data Pack Function
Interesting. So, we'd potentially scan the Data Pack on upload and generate a custom uninstall Data Pack which could be optionally downloaded? Maybe this only happens if the Data Pack utilizes features that don't remove themselves. You mentioned scoreboard and I think a few other things that Data Packs leave behind if utilized.

You're minecraft:load /tellraw for instructions on how to uninstall an interesting idea but I won't do it simply because I would not feel okay modifying anyone's Data Pack for any reason. However, if we do auto-generate a uninstall pack because the pack would otherwise leave behind traces of it's use, we could present that download with an auto-select input containing the uninstall command for copy/paste purposes on the PMC page.

Data Pack namespace / prefix conflicts
I should be able to automatically read and display a data pack's namespace + list of functions. However, this will only work for those that upload their pack to PMC itself. Some developers like to host their pack on their own website / file hosting service. That said, I think there will be a growing # of benefits from autocompleted submission inputs to enhanced public presentation, displayable pack summaries / JSON viewer, user-friendly list of contents ( recipes, loot tables), potential uninstall pack, etc that most creators will upload at least a copy of their pack here.

Thanks for helping me see what we could/should do to support Data Packs. I've been referring to the wiki as we discuss and learning more about them as well. Never had the time to actually create one myself but I'm feeling the draw for multiple reasons now.
10/14/2019 9:26 am
czaplicki
Hi, don't know if it interests you, but I'm currently working on an package API, witch already has a versioning system, dependency checking before installation, mass install and uninstall, update/upgrade events. (2 required, 3 optional functions, with a total of 5 lines that are needed). I know I'm new to this community, but I do have degrees in programming and I would be more then happy to help^^
10/14/2019 11:11 am
czaplicki
Side note :

  It wouldn't be hard to generate the files needed ^^

  (then no one would have to do anything more then, upload there pack)
10/09/2019 11:55 amhistory
Bertiecrafter
Instead of supplying the uninstall function command, you can create an "uninstall" datapack that does the following (1.13 and up):

OnLoad:

scoreboard objectives add pmc_uninstall trigger
scoreboard players @a enable pmc_uninstall
tellraw @a {"text":"Pretty print some uninstall button","extra":[{"text":"The actual button","clickEvent":{"action":"run_command","value":"/trigger pmc_uninstall set 1"}},{"text":"Button suffix / end of message"}]}

OnTick:
execute as @a[scores={pmc_uninstall=1..},limit=1] run function pmcnamespace:uninstall

Uninstall.mcfunction:

tellraw @a {"text":"Don't forget to remove the datapacks from the world save!"}
scoreboard objectives remove x
scoreboard objectives remove y
scoreboard objectives remove pmc_uninstall
teams-remove-command
other-clean-up
datapack disable "file/datapack-folder-name"
datapack disable "file/pmc-uninstall-pack-folder-name"
reload

This way, as soon as players drop in the datapack, a clickable chat element will be visible.
On click, everything will be cleaned up and the datapacks will immediately be disabled.

-----------

Or... you know.... Create an entire damn application to modify raw nbt files in the world save to clean things and then instruct the player reload their world xD
10/09/2019 3:01 amhistory
Zero_4793
Does adventure require a Map though.
I agree that Cosmetic should include 'quality of life' and 'nonfunctional'

Viewing the structures, recipes etc is a great idea.
Almost think structures could be stand alone. But since they have a modifier/category that should be fine.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome