You name it, I add itcheck_circle

SprucedVanilla's Avatar SprucedVanilla5/27/23 5:00 pm history
40 emeralds 3.7k 453
1/21/2024 10:17 am
Team UNNAMED's Avatar Team UNNAMED
I'm the head developer of Spruced Vanilla, a WIP datapack that aims to triple the amount of Minecraft's content, while staying interesting and vanilla-friendly.

And I'm open to suggestions! Anything you'd like to see in actual Minecraft -- just leave me a message here and I may add it to the datapack!

Join the discord here and if your suggestion gets added you'll receive a unique role, and me notified when the datapack releases (for free, for everyone)!

https://discord.gg/ZVNVvU9hTW

UPDATE ABOUT THIS FORUM THREAD

We're reached 100 suggestions (yaaaaayyy)! If your suggestion gets added, you'll get the new unique discord role ( so long as you join the discord and send me a reply with your discord username, of course :P ).

Most of these suggestions won't arrive in the original release of Spruced Vanilla (sadly), and we still don't have a release date. So long as you're subscribed to this PMC page or on the Discord server ( preferably both XD ) you'll get notified when it's out 👍

Keep up the suggestions!
SprucedVanilla
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/21/2024 10:17 amhistory
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Creeper
Team UNNAMED
Better terrain generation in the Overworld (more realistic and detailed, like some trees and rocks in plains), Nether (an enhanced version of the 1.16 nether), and End (what you'd expect in a 2nd End update).

Rams, Bulls, Roosters, Bees goin into the nearest nest/hive to breed, and more mob variants (like turtles and tortoises). We don't want g** mobs. Only milk female cows.

Give the fletching table a purpose. Like, arrow tipping and stuff.

Add GUNS.    That shoot splash potions.

Turtle armor (sorta like Minecraft Dungeons). Each piece grants you a minute of water breathing. Turtle shellmets would have a mask and snorkel with bonus water breathing & a scuba breathing sound (and the snorkel mouthpiece connects to the player's mouth). When all the pieces are on, you get 5 minutes of water breathing there's a quiet *shhhhhhhh* sound that plays alongside the breathing, like a gust of air.

Add item/entity texture variations and animations. Why not?

Improve all of structures. Not too far, more vanilla friendly. Like igloos, mineshafts, strongholds, desert wells, and witch huts get a bit more love; Nether fortresses, villages, desert/ocean/jungle temples and trail ruins get an updated look, maybe with newer blocks. Woodland mansions may get the biggest upgrade.

Add the scrapped changes to elytra in 1.18 snapshots. And better combat.

MOREEEEEE PAINTINGSSSSSSSSSSSS

More difficulty as the nights pass and while you get stronger, like raids are the same with iron armor but with
illusioners at diamond. Rewards are grander the harder it is.

Add all the mob/biome votes that didn't make it, the mobs getting a refreshed look (minus the inferno from Dungeons)

Gold tools have the same strength and durability of iron tools, but way faster.

Make small block hotboxes larger while still allowing you to pass through.

More particle effects and sounds.

An overhauled main end island with 2 boss phases - one with 6 pillars and normal difficulty, and the 2nd where you have to get the end crystals to battle again, this time with all 10 pillars and a much harder ender dragon. Also other bosses can be harder too, like Bedrock Wither in java.

Add watchtowers in villages and pillager outposts. And some scattered around the world.

Add a beekeeper villager. Put honey bottles in bundles.

More totems. Found in chests or a rare drop from specific mobs. Right click to make them disappear and they will activate when triggered, like the undying will save you when needed.

Tasks NPC villagers/pillagers/witches and other mobs may ask you for. Complete them for rewards which get more OP depending on how hard it is.

Make some items have the ability to get upgraded, maybe in a reworked smithing table.

Illusioner Huts. Rare around pillager outposts and ever rarer elsewhere. After solving many puzzles and defeating the illusioner, you get valuable loot.

A piglin raid and boss fight for villages in the nether; piglins who have abandoned the others have moved here and have all the same occupations as normal villagers (minus new beekeepers).

Make the sculky ancient cities more inhabited with new mobs. No, the warden statue is not a portal. It is just a sign of who rules this land.

Redwood forests. Quicksand and lakes in the desert and red desert. Add ancient desert rivers full of pebbles and dead coral. Make badlands have giant canyons. Dark forests and savannas with new baobabs need more love. Villages near beaches could have a beach area with umbrellas and towels and villagers in swimsuits playing in the water.

Add a new type of drowned that looks like a regular zombie but they have a wetsuit and snorkel mask. They have been engulfed with the magic of the sea, turning them into half-drowneds and half-snorkeling zombies. Sorta like this.

Rework boats and minecarts to have more items like furnaces and anvils.

Jungle bamboo, Mangrove swamp, cherry grove, and badlands villages and new villager outfits.
12/27/2023 4:52 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
mrcool1237915
Rubix cube
12/27/2023 4:29 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Catsncartnwheels
Add pizza but make it from the Pizza Factory Group
12/27/2023 6:59 amhistory
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
MrGhastBlast
Make Minecarts Faster!
Plus more splash texts please
12/27/2023 7:33 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pokemon
JackFire03
i wonder how fast it can go before it got nerf
12/12/2023 6:46 amhistory
MrGhastBlast
RARE AND EPIC MOBS
They would look a little different, be harder to find and kill, and drop better loot!
Eg. Rare Zombie might be blue and more decayed looking, have 20 hearts and strength 1, but drop golden flesh, which could be like a golden apple!
Epic Zombie might be bigger and have more limbs, have 40 hearts and strength 2 and speed, but drop ENCHANTED golden flesh, which could be like an enchanted golden apple!
11/29/2023 4:49 am
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
traincrisis
minecart coupling
11/29/2023 5:05 pm
SprucedVanilla
um
08/18/2023 2:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
AmirT
yes
11/29/2023 5:05 pm
SprucedVanilla
"yes" and "bab" are two great suggestions :D thank you
08/18/2023 2:54 pm
AmirT
bab
08/18/2023 2:12 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pokemon
Giganticbowtie
DO you already have backpacks? if you dont you should add them :). if you do have them you should add more cat and dog variations
08/18/2023 2:53 pm
AmirT
08/18/2023 1:47 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
SharKevan37
I pooped my pants I'm a 5 year old thanks.
08/18/2023 1:25 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
zdoot
Supertotem: A sort of item that can hold 3 totems in one item for portability and can be kept in stacks so when the player dies with the super totem offhand they will not die. It cannot work in (x0) totems inside it but must contain atleast one for it to work. To insert the totem would be easy to craft a recipe for it.

I've made something like this before so I think it's certainly possible.
08/18/2023 1:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
TheBigE16
if you use a furnice it just explodes
08/18/2023 1:16 pm
TheBigE16
minecraft but everything is kinda SUS
08/14/2023 10:14 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
DragonScale
LLAMA WOOL!!!
You shear a llama. You get llama wool. You use it to make fancy patterned beds
and the "shaggy carpet" item.
Also, FLETCHING TABLE FUNCTIONALLITY! (cannot spell)
Used to craft spectral arrows with an arrow, a glowstone dust, and a gold (unless they're already craftable idk)
Finally, RED PANDAS!
Similar to axolotls, but on land! tamed with bamboo.
08/14/2023 10:00 am
Level 29 : Expert Sus
PenguinBob12
More Illager Variants

Thats it.
08/14/2023 6:18 am
TheBigE16
some more ideas SUMON WILD STEVES WHEN U PRESS G LIKE IN MINECTAFT CLASIC
08/14/2023 6:10 am
TheBigE16
I dare you to make the 1.21 update before it comes out the wiki is HERE. If you do I will subscribe and like and diamond 10 of ur posts
08/13/2023 2:38 pmhistory
MrGhastBlast
Days of the week and dates, eg. Villagers could do discounts on Saturdays and go to their church on Sundays. You could get a small gift, like a diamond or a golden apple on the morning on December 25, and you could add seasons so that the colour of the leaves would change in the fall, and it would snow in winter..
08/11/2023 9:32 am
Level 27 : Expert Explorer
izap891
Add a new Item to turn pillagers to villagers with can be crafted with emeralds
08/11/2023 8:32 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
sironi
make the animals hurt you for instance chickens could be aggressive, same with pigs and cows if you attack them.
foxes should do their pounce attack thing and actively try to kill you if you hurt them like wolves do.
animals should eat food items from off the ground.
some animals should be able to dig small holes (rabbits, foxes, wolves, etc.)
if you are killed by a zombie, a zombie should spawn in your place wearing your armor, which will be dropped when it dies and the zombie will not despawn.
creeper explosions should spawn flames.

trees should come down instantly. lava should flow faster.
fire should spread a lot faster and should die slower.
there should be even more fire in the nether.
add random ruins in the overworld and in the nether.
add more dungeons to the nether
add above-ground dungeons to the overworld

add old school rifles/shotguns.
add animal traps.
add 3 block tall doors
add fancier bed variants
add more paintings

don't overwork yourself.
08/11/2023 8:01 am
Level 23 : Expert Miner
jona263t
Elytra that doesn't lose speed and doesn't require fireworks to fly!
08/11/2023 8:02 am
Level 23 : Expert Miner
jona263t
My discord is ohjona
08/11/2023 7:11 am
Level 31 : Artisan Fox
Onyx_7726
gas. flammable gas. weaponised flammable gas. portable weaponised flammable gas.
08/11/2023 6:47 am
TheBigE16
add vilages in the end and nether! also some biomes in the end would be nice
08/11/2023 5:04 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
shneeky
Add asian villages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08/11/2023 4:33 amhistory
Level 39 : Artisan uwu
Auspop-Posts
Meteorites, a special event when meteors fall from the sky!~
and add earthquakes as well >:D

If no one suggested this already then lucky me! <3
08/11/2023 4:13 amhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
Th4tz_Fern
end ship but it crashed down to the ground
hellfork - if you throw this trident it will cause fire aspect to the mob, riptide on the other hand will send u flying if ur on fire
if you right click a cauldron with lava using hellfork will make it so that when u hold it you will be on fire
08/11/2023 2:50 amhistory
MrGhastBlast
Some more ideas:

- Some structures eg. more variants of Villages, Nether Villages, Ruined End Portals in the End, Mud Huts and Hobbit Holes, Weaponries, Cellars or Abandoned Strip Mines

- Sharks

- Huntsman and Peaceful Illagers

- Endermen variants

- More golems, Copper Golem?

- Some food ideas: Sliced Bread, Fried Eggs, Lemonade or Lemons, Bacon, Cheese, Wine/Beer?, Pizza, Cakes and Tarts, Chocolate, Sunflower Seeds, Chorus Fruit Stew that would not teleport you, Sandwiches, Sausages, more enchanted apples?

- Enchanted Gapple recipe, nether star and 8 golden apples makes amount of Enchanted Gapples

- Tombstones that would spawn if you died, containing some items like tools, armour etc. not materials and food

- More totems, rare drops?

- 'Rare', 'Epic' or 'Legendary' variants of normal mobs that would drop greater rewards, have different textures but be harder to kill

- Luck, Levitation and more multi-effect potions eg 'Turtle Master' type things

- Cooking table?

- Bone armour

- Food could decay over time and become a slime ball, it would have to be kept fresh in a special block

- Jester or playing card themed boss

- Expanded desert temples, mummies?

- Wands

- More material blocks for storage, etc. leather, gunpowder, paper, flint, stick and charcoal blocks

- Species selection at the beginning of the game

- Reinforced bows made on a fletching table

- Glass slabs

Thanks! I know it's a little annoying, but could you give credit if you use any of these ideas please? Can I download the map off a website now or would I have to wait until it's finished? I tried going to your website and it gave a 404, I don't have discord :/
08/11/2023 3:06 am
SprucedVanilla
More villages already exist in sv! Nether villages sound epic tho.

Sharks sound awesome.

Endermen variants too.

Copper golems are planned to be added :)

Woah, there are so many ideas here, they all sound epic :D
08/10/2023 9:32 am
MrGhastBlast
A 'classic' dimension with just one layer of bright grass and some layers of saturated looking cobblestone, like Minecraft Pre-Alpha, with lil' Steve NPCs running around. It would be great for building! Up to you to how you could make a method of entrance.
08/10/2023 4:40 pm
SprucedVanilla
That would be really cool as a rare biome (like mushroom islands)!

Maybe frogs spawn there too, as a little reference
08/11/2023 9:29 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
sironi
i want the frog loli girl back
08/10/2023 9:10 am
Level 27 : Expert Sus
MiceganBuilds
amogus samsungus
08/10/2023 3:15 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster System
waifu_png_pl
removing the anvil "too expensive" nonsense, removing the differences in xp price when it changes depending on which item is put in the first slot. maybe some copper redstone functionality? irl copper is used in electricity and some aspects of that could translate into minecraft, maybe a waterloggable copper wire and components to allow for underwater contraptions. and speaking of redstone, back when tuff was added, some people suggesting making tuff (tough) pistons that allow the player to move up to 24 instead of 12 blocks
08/10/2023 4:22 am
SprucedVanilla
Great ideas! Maybe tuff pistons could push tile entities, too? And be able to extend further?
08/10/2023 4:54 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster System
waifu_png_pl
pushing tile entities is always welcome in my book haha. that further extension bit sounds interesting to tinker with, id love to see the tuff piston used by a skilled redstoner. compact storage systems with pistons pushing around chests and other things like that could be made possible
08/09/2023 2:22 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Dragon
Eligames2009
copper armor that oxidizes and loses its strength the more it does?
08/09/2023 5:11 pm
SprucedVanilla
Sounds annoying tbh.

Copper armour with an oxidisation mechanic would be cool, but maybe something that benefits the player as well.

Like, copper armour doesn't take durability until fully oxidised, but when it is it gets thorns 2 or smth.
08/09/2023 6:38 pmhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
zvdo
something like being able to summon lightning bolts wherever you look in a 10 blocks radius or something? maybe with a cooldown too, maybe it uses copper from your inventory/durability from the armor
08/09/2023 1:21 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Imposter
Polligami
Oh Oh i have an idea¡¡¡ make dragon eggs hatch, and that you can have a baby dragon¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
08/09/2023 5:12 pm
SprucedVanilla
I was actually thinking that this morning :)
08/10/2023 2:15 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Imposter
Polligami
LOL
08/09/2023 6:14 amhistory
trashbin_
Talisman items
Gives you health, damage, luck, abilities and other special attributes. (If possible use custom textures.) I would like if we had a bag for them.

Weather Changer
Rain is pretty annoying, so I would personally like to see a weather changer, probably should be a limited time use for balance purposes or requires items.

More ender dragon types
These ender dragons would have special abilities. For example, striking the player with thunderbolts. This will have more boss variety and more difficulty. (Maybe add custom drops?)

Hard Endgame Bosses
Minecraft bosses, in my opinion, are way too easy. So maybe add hard endgame bosses to challenge the player, but make it balanced with custom drops.

Progression
Maybe the progression should be slower, encouraging building actual bases and stuff.

References
This is just a little thing I like, but I'd be happy to see references to Touhou and Blue Archive. I enjoy those games and they don't have enough Minecraft content

Artillery
For fortress type things, add mortars, cannons, howitzers, etc.

Ocean Variety
The ocean needs more variety. More fish, deep sea monsters, structures, and better terrain would be nice. Ambience would add to the mood.

Potion of Decay
Potions of Decay brewed with wither roses.

Buffed Mobs
Mobs need to be buffed. Most of them aren't even a threat. Speed, health and damage changes should help.
08/09/2023 5:22 pm
SprucedVanilla
Talismen would be sweet! Maybe they give you a permanent potion effect, but shatter if you take damage?

Weather changer exists in other datapacks, but I wouldn't want to add it to SV because it would be annoying on multiplayer servers.

Dragon types

Cool idea! Maybe the ender dragon could have multiple "stages" as well?

Endgame bosses

Good idea! SV does add some new bosses, but they're all easier than the wither (aside from one, but no spoilers...)

Progression

Yup! I've already planned to make diamonds more difficult to find, requiring exploration more than grinding in a cave for an hour. Encouraging base building woul be awesome, too! Maybe we could have acid rain that requires shelter to survive?

References

I'll add those two to the list :)

Artillery

Ooh, cool idea! I'd love to see more buildable items like the golems and beacon.

Ocean variety

Nice! If oceans were deeper and you could find ores down there (maybe make gold or lapis exclusive to oceans?) it'd be a lot more fun (and make turtle helmets more useful!)

Decay potion

Nice idea!

Buffed Mobs

Simple stat boosts would be boring, but possibly giving each mob a special ability (ie, zombies can burrow, skeletons can destroy plantlife, endermen occasionally teleport players) it'd be great!
08/10/2023 8:43 am
trashbin_
I think the talisman items should either have durability when damaged or disable for a few seconds when hit, it should balance it out.
On dragon types, it would be awesome for them to have multiple phases and such. It would make an engaging fight.
Your idea on ocean variety seems good. The deeper oceans would be good with the exclusive ore. It would make a reason to go to oceans.
Buffed mobs yeah I agree with you, just simple stat boosts won't cut it. Seems awesome though
I'd like to share more

Summons
It'd be cool if we could summon fighters for us, whether through a spawn egg or item. I'd imagine one of them like meatshielding in The Battle Cats. It would be fun to see one of them be Eraser and Manic Eraser, but I dont think direct references would be added. Make a limit so it's not broken.

Mini-Bosses
Mini bosses would be cool to spawn randomly, dropping custom items.

I'll continue this list later, i have stuff to do
08/09/2023 5:58 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
RomanSecundus
can you add the minecraft entity wizard for java pwetty pwease?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome