1.13 or 1.14?

Makaneek's Avatar Makaneek8/18/19 7:51 pm
9/11/2019 2:43 am
Arsham81SHAE's Avatar Arsham81SHAE
the two latest Minecraft updates have likely helped immensely with the game's recent revival, but I leave you to decide which one is better...
Makaneek
Level 48 : Master Answer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/11/2019 2:43 am
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Boy
Arsham81SHAE
1.14 is Very good. Although it has some problems and bugs, But it's great!

Especially adding Pillager:

08/21/2019 3:41 am
Level 43 : Master Wolf
Hardcrafter
I can't really vote on this subject because I've only just started playing Minecraft again recently after about 7-8 years away from the game, in my experience as a returning player, it seems like update 1.14 is pretty awesome, sure there have been lots of changes since I last played, but regardless, I'm having fun. (I'm mostly a solo survival player, I don't normally play on Creative.)
08/20/2019 2:22 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
1.13 was amazing for survival players, though I feel that 1.14 did more for the builders with the new action element of protecting the villagers :D
08/18/2019 11:20 pm
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
I think 1.13 is better. It still has all the "all-purpose" workbenches and furnaces everyone grew up with and just... still retains the overall feel of Minecraft which 1.14 changed drastically. I just wish that there was a way to bring the foxes and pandas to 1.13.
08/18/2019 11:06 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
17oClokk
I like 1.14, not because of the villager updates, but because of the smaller details.

Like getting a better furnace for ores and food, no longer waste so much coal on food anymore.

The cornflower for me a BIG DEAL, because now you can dye sheep or leather armor or beds blue without needing to go mining and dig on diamond level and be like "Oh hey lapis" and throw it in a chest to ignore... You can just get the flower and boom dye your sheep blue.

The stonecutter becking bhip is AMAZING. We can get soooo many more stairs now than we used to, still technically not as many as we SHOULD according to reddit, but it is so much better.

Looms are so good too, instead of needing to look up recipes I can just plop a banner in and dye and boom just click on the design I want, like it used to be so much harder and that is not good for general audiences.

All the new slabs, stairs, and walls, opens up a lot more for builders, but what really would help us would be new shapes, which most likely will never come.

Cats now spawning in villages make obtaining the cute things so much easier. Like it was hard to get ocelots to get the cats, some would argue this change is for the worse, but I think cuteness disagrees.

New loading screen, instead of the game going non-responsive while changing a texture pack or even loading the game from the launcher, it will display a loading screen.

Leaves now drop 0-2 sticks, this is really cool for survival maps... Like giving the player like 10 leaves or something, but no wood.... Or some other survival type map, really cool.

TNT now has a 100% drop rate, meaning if you like to go TNT mining, you get ALL the stone, ores, and anything else it blows up :D

Vines that can be climbed WITHOUT supporting blocks.... So many years we have asked for the ability to do this with ladders, and while I'd rather have ladders, with vines this is such a good mechanic.

Intuitive book and quils now. No longer do we need to remove everything on the page to fix one little typo, you can just edit it like you would a message on reddit.

When the player sneaks, we can now fit under so many new roof sizes.. Not only that, but we can now army crawl through 1 block gaps using a simple trapdoor!

Lighting has a brand new system which allows it to pass through non-full block filling blocks properly :D

... Just soooo many new features and changes that makes the game sooooo much better
08/18/2019 11:24 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
17oClokk
While 1.13 did have a good number of features, a lot of them aren't as great, but here is a list of ones I enjoy:

bubble colemns, a brand new way for item elevation and player elevation.

Items now float in water, and faster in flowing water, which is great for when you die.

We can have a no face pumpkin now, which is very cool for building.

Prismarine slabs and stairs is soooooo good for building, I love this feature.

6 sides wooden logs is sooooo good for building trees, instead of having to place slabs on top of logs to hide the face of it, we can craft them now.

the ability to put markers on maps using banners makes survival servers with community so much cooler, like for a market or spawn area.

Swimming.

Command UI is very helpful... Like I can barely remember a time when it wasn't added now thanks to this update.

Placeable non-full blocks within a water block.

block ID limit no longer a thing, which allows all the new slabs and slabs in the 1.14 update.

Chests being able to be placed beside each other properly.

Now all of these sound great, and you may be lime "But this is the same amount of features like you like as 1.14" now, msot of these features I can live with if they were never added:
bubble columns
items floating
faceless pumpkin
map markers
swimming
placeable non-full blocks in water

Compare to features in 1.14 I could live without in the list above:
better furni
leaves drop sticks
climbable vines

All the other features and kind of essential in my opinion!

TL;DR - 1.14 has far less less important features than 1.13
08/18/2019 10:57 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
1.13 because dolphins. :3
08/18/2019 10:56 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
I don't like either because they can't support servers very well.
08/18/2019 10:10 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
08/18/2019 8:39 pm
Level 47 : Master Robot
Wikimaster0
While I do have a ton of nostalgia for 1.13, I like 1.14 more because of its increased stability (Mainly in 1.14.4).
08/18/2019 8:08 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pig
DraconicPiggy
1.14 has serious bugs and exploits, and is very unstable
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome