forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

1.14 is not minecraft.

7 emeralds23 replies733 views
created 02/04/2019 9:14 pm by Gameknight14
last reply 02/18/2019 7:56 am
I thought 1.13 went too far, but eventually I accepted minecrafts fate. I even warned people that it was the start of Minecraft not becoming Minecraft anymore, but a modded version of it. I was right. 1.14 has just pushed the boundaries of what Minecraft is supposed to be even further. I might even say it broke them. Villagers have been changed slightly in 1.12, but they retained the same feel of a village. This update reminds me of tinker's construct. Yeah, you guys know what that is. The mod with custom tools and a custom furnace, where you can even find these things in villages with special villagers in them. That's basically what Mojang is going for here. I have a suggestion to make. Why not call these newer versions, aka 1.13 and up, Minecraft 2? The name would be appropriate, since this is now a remake of the old Minecraft, with items and other things being changed drastically or removed left and right. Just a suggestion, have fun with the new version and please take the time to fill out the poll! :)

Poll ended 02/18/2019 9:14 pm.

Posted by avatar
Gameknight14
Level 1 : New Miner

23 replies

02/18/2019 7:56 am
Level 41 : Master Fish
Mourna
I felt convinced that minecraft was no longer minecraft in the update endermen came out, and that was long before the end even came into existence. I even stopped playing for a few years as a result. .. Minecraft is always adding new stuff, even if it seems a bit out there to start with, but it will eventually be just as much minecraft as it was before.
02/18/2019 7:49 am
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer
ShelLuser
Difficult subject.

I really admire the stuff they're doing and I agree with the others that this can keep the game fresh and inviting.

But on the other hand I'm also a bit 'meh' about the new snapshot. I don't know what it is but I personally had more fun with the 1.13 snapshot than this one. Even though I really like some of the changes, some things make sense.

Although I do agree with your comment about tinkers construct (just look at the icon for scaffolding) I do think there's more to these additions. See: it's not really a replacement for what we currently have, but more of an addition.

See: if you have a crafting table and a furnace (don't forget your chest!) then you're good to go no matter what. But if you want to get a little bit more out of cooking food (= more speed) then you'd get a smoker. Then, to get more out of smelting metal you'd get a blast furnace.

But they still kept gameplay mechanics in mind. While a blast furnace will smelt 16 iron ore a lot faster than a normal furnace you don't get any XP for it. So there is still some balance in the game. Also noteworthy is that both furnace types perform the same: 2 coal smelts 16 ores and that's it.

I'm not really keen on the barrel, also because of its weird liquid sound even though it can be used for anything, but that's the beauty of Minecraft: I don't have to use it if I don't want to.

My only gripe with the loom is its weird name ;) But I think it's a good thing that players can finally experiment with banners in-game and without having to rely on a site for good recipes. Also noteworthy: banner patterns aren't used up, so you don't have to spend dozens of creeper heads on making a nice banner (of course this could still change).

Meh, I guess in the end I was hoping for a bit more options to tweak with. I was excited about the jigsaw block but got a little disappointed again when I noticed that we can't really do much with it yet, same thing applies to the data mode of the structure block.

Oh well ;)
02/12/2019 3:45 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Draculord
Yo.
I do agree, minecraft has changed into a more complex, almost modded state.

Personally, I think that the villager part of 1.14 is a welcome addition; I think it's just cool that we're going to get a graphical overhaul on the villagers appearance, but also better buildings for the houses. It makes the world feel new again, if you know what I mean.  I'm not as excited when it comes to the new crafting blocks, and I feel like I have to try them out first, before really making a solid opinion on them. Otherwise, the new crossbows and junk feel amazing to use!

Overall, I have mixed excitement for 1.14. I am excited for the more vanilla things, like new villagers and the crossbow, but the new crafting blocks are gonna be a rather big change I'm not sure I'm ready for. Again, I would need to try it our first before I make a real opinion on them.
02/09/2019 7:12 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
steriotypicalOutlaw
02/07/2019 1:35 am
Level 30 : Artisan Ninja
Greystalk
Villages have been needing an overhaul for years. Who really uses them in normal survival anyway except for maybe a few enchanted books? Besides, the playerbase would slowly dwindle if Minecraft didn't get updates like this. I personally feel like this is a great update.
02/07/2019 1:11 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Cake
EndPlayz
Well, remember that time when 1.5 came around? A lot of people hated the hopper, because it whould make the game to easy and wasn't Minecraft, well that changed for sure. What I mean with this is that you will get used to it after a while. And if you still don't like it? Just play the older versions, they aren't there for nothing.
02/06/2019 10:49 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Taco
Iapetus11
1.14 seems like a heavily modded version, personally I prefer 1.12.2 and 1.8.9. If I want mods I'll play with mods but 1.14 just seems so bad to me.
02/06/2019 11:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
BadModder54
Hey, not to be that boi, but my modded save is crashing on world load. I don't really know where else I could get a fast analysis (just made this account like an hour ago) so excuse any rule violation I might be doing Report: pastebin.com/A9qEyeLN
02/06/2019 11:12 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
ShastaGaming16
I really don't see how it's damaging the gameplay.. With this BIG overhaul, they're adding new enemies which is giving us a new challenge! These Pillagers are going to put us all to the test, including our defenses that we place around our homes and villages. :P
02/05/2019 11:27 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Tau__
I, too, thought that these updates were rather pointless. They didn't add excising new mechanics, they instead made what was meant to be a simplistic game, more complex. I was furious whilst reading the update notes for 1.13, yet I ended up enjoying the enhanced underwater world. Humans are naturally resistant to change, we like things that are familiar to us, things we've known. Once this update comes out it's likely that all will be fine, just give it a few weeks.
02/04/2019 11:34 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Robot
RealOveridSnakey
I find minecraft stopped being OG minecraft at.... nope its always been minecraft, same game, just newer stuff
02/05/2019 4:16 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Puncher
TomConn
I really love the update. I will say that yes, it feels like a modded version of Minecraft, but if I wanted to play "the OG" minecraft, then I would just downgrade. I know there are still loads of 1.8 servers active for multiplayer, and hey - Sometimes I even go back and play alpha to remind myself of those good ol' days.

But I don't think they should rename it to "minecraft 2" just because it feels different. I like to see the changes, even though... Not all of them are That good.
02/06/2019 11:50 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Professor
Peridot XJ9
Yeah, I've got to agree with Tom, here. If you guys tend to hate on a newer version of Minecraft, why not simply use the time machine to go back to a version you like playing on? Sure, I hate 1.14 (except for the addition of pandas) as well, but do you see me complaining about it? No; because Minecraft gave us this wonderful time-traveling gift so that we wouldn't rage that much about changes. The only way I'd get peeved is if they remove the time machine from the newer strand of launchers, but I doubt that will ever happen since it's a staple of why Minecraft is so good.

As for Minecraft 2, that just seems like a stupid idea. Like Tom mentions, it would feel too different from the Minecraft we know in love because the name sounds a little too cheap and cash-grabbing. If they wanted to make a sequel, they would just make a separate game entirely and copy-paste everything over.
02/05/2019 11:11 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Mage
Princessbookbear
I like the panda bears
02/05/2019 9:05 am
Level 36 : Artisan Narwhal
Spygron
Can you add an option for 'I HATE IT SO MUCH MOJANG GO AWAY ALREADY' ?
02/05/2019 9:05 am
Level 36 : Artisan Narwhal
Spygron
MINECRAFT IS TERRIBLE NOW. Too many updates (Aquatic was fine) but this new one is terrible, but Mojang is taking it waaaay to far with this :( I'm glad Xbox 360 won't get the new update

And, then again, I don't have to update my PC version either MWAHAHAHA
02/04/2019 11:10 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
DiggerMcGee
and the point is? will you stop playing? How about let's just have fun and enjoy being creative … I'm still having fun.
02/05/2019 4:26 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
PikaTGK
I think 1.8.9 with the 1.7.10 animations is the best version. Yes, I know that is not one version, I mean like a combination to make a version... ah you know what I mean.
02/05/2019 2:26 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Architect
StingrayProductions
I personally use 1.7.10 the most because of how much more stable it is, especially for filming. Yeah, 1.14 does feel more modded. The problem is low end computers use to run the old versions well; minecraft was kind of a universal game. But the newer versions are so demanding it doesn't work as well on old computers anymore. Also, the newer versions have massive memory leaks when too modded. If I want a stable fps with no memory leaks, my only option is to stick with older Minecraft or get use to quitting every 30 min and logging back in (again, speaking of modded). I'm very curious to see if forge will ever make 1.13 or 1.14, and if they do will it ever be stable.
02/05/2019 2:18 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
u8iuui11
I feel like they are confused on what to do with the game now. The do things like make the horse/donkey/mule model much more simpler but then they'll add an update with like 50 new blocks and items and 5 new mobs in it.
02/05/2019 3:57 am
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
raymannmango
Personally, I don't have a problem with it. What's there to worry about anyway?
02/05/2019 11:06 am
Level 28 : Expert Robot
Nitrox Nova
I think the new villages are beautiful, personally. Also, as someone who has played minecraft for like 10 years and has still never, ever found my own cat in a jungle, I am incredibly excited about the strays.
02/04/2019 10:04 pm
Level 24 : Expert Miner
PsychicTempest
i would say minecraft stopped being og minecraft at 1.9's release

i love all the new updates (frostburn was a little lame) but yeah, at this point, we're at Minecraft 2

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome