A question for beta era players.

PlayCygnusCraft's Avatar PlayCygnusCraft1/30/18 12:14 pm history
2 emeralds 168 3
1/30/2018 12:59 pm
striker107's Avatar striker107
I am currently recreating a Server I made a few months ago and need some advice.

A few days ago, I decided to join a server based on the version 1.7.3 BETA. While playing it, nostalgia hit me so hard I was paralyzed. The forgotten features I once knew surprised me the most, it was like playing a different game. After noticing the differences between the latest version and this version, I realized how the community communicated with each other. They were friendly, caring, and dedicated to one another. It was a strange experience to receive such a flood of nostalgia. Not only nostalgia, but that feeling when you play Minecraft for the first time, the excitement of exploring a blocky world. A rare thing to come across after 8 years of playing this game.

...I would like to recreate that feeling in Minecraft.

What made beta so enjoyable that lacks in today's Minecraft and it's Communities?

(New server version will be the latest version, currently 1.12.2)

Thanks!
PlayCygnusCraft
Level 21 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/30/2018 12:35 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Volarous
Freedom! Logging in for the first time and knowing nothing about whats happening, and having literally no in-game guidance or objective. It was the ultimate survival, go and do whatever I want.
Ignorance was great, not knowing anything. I didn't use the internet for information about how to do things, instead it was just me and a friend playing on his own single world, exploring and learning and helping each other. I had real fear when I left the safe place I had made for myself. I remember not knowing what happens when I die. Respawn? New World? I got lost in a cave once, and it took me hours to get out. From then on me and my friend decided to put all our torches on one side of the wall, so we can follow them back! I still do it today D:

It was just such a new experience. Minecraft is a well made and immersive game. It was the only non linear game I had even heard of, or played. It was, and to me, still is great.
01/30/2018 12:59 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
I don't do that (never had), but I've always found my way out from where I entered as long as it was in the same day, otherwise... heh, I get lost in the same circles over and over again. And I've always had this 'ability' as long as I have played Minecraft, starting all the way back in 2009.
01/30/2018 12:44 pm
Level 21 : Expert Network
PlayCygnusCraft
Thank you that is extremely helpful. Happy Minecrafting!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome