Alternative sandboxes question

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis5/29/23 6:34 pm
2 emeralds 145 1
6/27/2023 6:44 am
TravisaInc's Avatar TravisaInc
"Are there any good sandbox alternatives to Minecraft that I don't know but should know about?

I'd like to know if there is one as a fallback plan, just in case an update to Minecraft bedrock edition becomes too prohibitive to build projects I would like to do in survival mode and the 1.20 update because of the non reusable templates it looks like the game is becoming less accessible as time goes on, which leaves me very concerned about the future development of the game and how build style survival players continue to be marginalized by elitists and ignorant fans.

I understand why some people are obsessed with the idea of balanced gameplay, the problem here is there are different playstyles of Minecraft that are conflicting with each other and what some people fail to realize is that telling people to just play creative mode or with cheats, or just adapt, is not a solution for players who still want some of the elements of vanilla survival intact, the rules they are used to in the here and now or with previous versions of the game, but are now forced to adapt or contend with a change they don't like.

When your play style is mining and combat orientated in most cases, sure, a reasonable size supply of resources can be feasibly earned without the use of trades or highly enchanted gear, but when you add building grandiose structures into the mix, it's not that simple, there are good reasons why people are defensive of mending, villager trades and what have you in order to obtain the resources they need to finish a certain build project. That's why attempts to nerf any of these features are so controversial and a compromise must be found, or all you end up doing is creating divide in the community.

But I have completely lost trust in Mojang's ability to sympathize with the issues some fans have with them or what changes they make which depending on the edition of the game you play, we can do nothing to stop them. Sure, I could play Java edition of the game, but there are good reasons why me and my friends don't, it lags too much and needs to be ran with a low render distance to compensate for the inefficiencies with how Minecraft Java works. But being on bedrock edition, it means we are in a love it or hate it situation, so in light of this, I would like to know what alternative sandboxes exist which have the survival experience me and friends look for, ones which allow you to build massive structures, but don't continue to receive griefing updates just because survival mode is being played."

www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft/discussion/3178509-sandbox-alternative-to-minecraft
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner