Anti-Gravity Survival Challenge

AmericanBagel's Avatar AmericanBagel7/13/19 3:54 pm history
3 emeralds 147 1
7/14/2019 6:32 am
Reptile_'s Avatar Reptile_

arrow_downwardAnti-Gravity Survival Challengearrow_upward

I haven't seen much new survival challenges out, so I thought I would make my own with a very simple concept: What if everything didn't have gravity? This can be easily achieved. In fact, it only uses one command block (not a "one command creation", it literally just uses 1 /execute command in a command block).

The Challenge

You don't have to do anything, the command does it for you.
All entities, other than players, have no gravity. If a pig walks off a mountain, it will just float. If you shoot an arrow, you won't have to worry about predicting gravity--because there is none. See how different one command can make minecraft. See what it would be like...if Minecraft mobs didn't have gravity!

Early Game
One annoying part of this challenge is collecting items. Items will float up a few blocks, then stop and float in air. Just get clever with collecting items. Another annoying part is mobs. If they walk off a block, they won't fall, they'll float. This makes the bow a highly useful weapon. Arrows don't have gravity so you will just need to get your crosshair on the enemies.

Perhaps the most overpowered things for early game, even late game, are mounts. Mounts (horses, pigs, boats) are extremely powerful for one reason--they float. I would say the best mount is the boat. This is because it costs 5 wooden planks and can allow "flight". Pile up a few blocks or go on the top of a mountain, place a boat, and ride it. You can move the boat at a decent speed and you won't have to worry about terrain, and the only mob you need to worry about is the Phantom which should be easy to prevent.

Late Game
In the late game, mob farms won't be so easy to make. Neither will automatic farms because items float up a few blocks. Tridents are okay as melee weapons, but don't even dare throwing them. Sure, they won't have gravity...okay? Now throw it in the sky. Say goodbye to your trident, because even with the Loyalty enchantment it won't come back to you. Not so loyal after all.

One thing I have had particularly fun experimenting with is TNT cannons in anti-gravity. You can't use the standard designs, you have to use a slightly more expensive design: the slime block TNT cannon.

To start it, do /give @s repeating_command_block
Then place it down, and set it to repeat, unconditional, always active.
Then copy and paste this command
execute as @e run data merge entity @s {NoGravity:1}and you're set!

Did you think of any other fun things about this challenge? Tell me :)
Also please give me an emerald because I like them.
please :)

-Ender
AmericanBagel
Level 43 : Master Engineer