forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

Any news on bukkit 1.7.2?

1 emerald30 replies2,425 views
created 10/29/2013 11:06 am by Flowdude
last reply 10/30/2013 4:29 pm
Hello everybody!
I am in a big need of craftbukkit 1.7.2, and I'm sure you all feel the same way I do.

Why not make a topic for all news about the 1.7.2.
If anyone find anything before others, it would really help everybody if they shared it here!

Please stop the flaming! This is a discussion, it is really not necessary to be rude to each other!

Important info:

DenialMCNope, not all plugins are supported.
Also the 1.7.2 build is really buggy. As a programmer, I highly disrecommend updating at the moment.
Daniel

GummyCraftMCThe Spigot 1.7 is really for people who know what they are doing, not just as a server owner. Yes, most plugins work, but not all. Some will have minors errors that don't irritate anyone, then others like ProtocolLib and anything that needs it (disguisecraft, tagapi, and more) will crash either your server or your players.

Also note that it is not 1.7 Spigot. It is 1.6.4 Spigot that is able to have 1.7.2 clients connect to it. We are all anxiously awaiting Bukkit to complete their work. but this will take time, how much? I have no idea. It's a lot of work, the changes inside are immense this time.
Posted by avatar
Flowdude
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
This thread is locked. You are unable to post new replies.

30 replies

10/30/2013 4:29 pm
Level 83 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Enough.

CraftBukkit and Spigot are both wrappers around minecraft server. Both of them do edit portions to provide hooks to events, however, so they are both making breaking changes to the original codebase.

The world will not become corrupt if you connect using a 1.7.2 protocol "converter". The world is still managed under 1.6.4, and the server won't (or, at least, shouldn't - I have not tested this myself) let clients place blocks or similar that don't exist in its codebase, therefore there is no real risk of corruption there. Even if it did, the server skips blocks it doesn't understand.

The thin wrapper isn't the best thing in the world, but it does allow a temporary crossover while Bukkit and Spigot get an actual build together that will support 1.7 properly. All the wrapper does is translate the packet format to the new one, which works for most/all packets in 1.7 (aside from the ones that were changed like the message format or anything containing UTF-16 strings, but those can be converted separately).

That's my take on the information based on my experience with the Minecraft protocol. This seems to have devolved into a flame war, and the information on the main post is what most people are coming here for anyways, so this is being locked.

-P
10/30/2013 4:19 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
KrashDozer
So how does it corrupt worlds if it s a 1.6.4 jar? when all that changed was the connection protocol?

As far as getting my shit together with mods and hacks, Craft Bukkit was a hacked Minecraftserver.jar, Guess what it still is.....

So why dont you go try to run a server as big as mine then come back and talk to me.

Because the client, which is 1.7, is trying to communicate with the new methods (features) in the server version of 1.7

Since those don't equal each other, it causes the server to crash and your world to become corrupt.

Also Bukkit implements the features of minecraftserver.jar, so its a stable version. Spigot does not. So its unstable.
10/30/2013 2:12 pm
Level 44 : Master Nerd
KrashDozer
bloodiebukkit might be a hack but at least it doesnt corrupt worlds mods are not a hacks mod(modified) get your sh*t together with mods and hacks

So how does it corrupt worlds if it s a 1.6.4 jar? when all that changed was the connection protocol?

As far as getting my shit together with mods and hacks, Craft Bukkit was a hacked Minecraftserver.jar, Guess what it still is.....

So why dont you go try to run a server as big as mine then come back and talk to me.
10/30/2013 1:59 pm
Flowdude
Please stop the flaming! This is a discussion, it is really not necessary to be rude to each other!
10/30/2013 12:04 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Geek
Ping0pong
*Facepalm* Why can no one get their facts straight..(P.S. YEA FLAME WAR!!)
10/30/2013 12:09 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pony
bloodie
LET THE FLAME WARS BEGAN
10/30/2013 12:01 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pony
bloodie
KrashDozer
aman207
KrashDozer
That being said the version is stable, its 1.6.4 with a different connection protocol.

I'm telling you its not. Anything with the word "hack" is NOT stable.

So Nodus wasnt stable?

Optifine isnt stable?

Your point is invalid Because Optifine is a HACK. It modded the original Minecraft.jar

FTB isnt stable, cause its a modded version. Oh wait. That means that if you use anything like bukkit, Its unstable, because its a modified JAR. RUN but PEOPLE
bukkit might be a hack but at least it doesnt corrupt worlds mods are not a hacks mod(modified) get your sh*t together with mods and hacks
10/30/2013 11:45 am
KrashDozer
aman207
KrashDozer
That being said the version is stable, its 1.6.4 with a different connection protocol.

So Nodus wasnt stable?

Optifine isnt stable?

Your point is invalid Because Optifine is a HACK. It modded the original Minecraft.jar

FTB isnt stable, cause its a modded version. Oh wait. That means that if you use anything like bukkit, Its unstable, because its a modified JAR. RUN PEOPLE
10/30/2013 11:38 am
aman207
KrashDozer

10/30/2013 11:25 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Engineer
Quanto__
There is Spigot for 1.7.2, but no Bukkit.

EDIT: I don't recommend using Spigot for 1.7.2. It is very unstable and it is not really 1.7.2. They just used a protocol hack to allow 1.7.2 clients to join a 1.6.4 server so you can't use any of the new blocks, find the new biomes, etc.
10/30/2013 4:44 am
Flowdude
Thank you everyone for your amazing feedbacks!
10/29/2013 1:05 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Princess
GummyCraftMC
The Spigot 1.7 is really for people who know what they are doing, not just as a server owner. Yes, most plugins work, but not all. Some will have minors errors that don't irritate anyone, then others like ProtocolLib and anything that needs it (disguisecraft, tagapi, and more) will crash either your server or your players.

Also note that it is not 1.7 Spigot. It is 1.6.4 Spigot that is able to have 1.7.2 clients connect to it. We are all anxiously awaiting Bukkit to complete their work. but this will take time, how much? I have no idea. It's a lot of work, the changes inside are immense this time.
10/29/2013 12:53 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
minecraftman23_
DenialMC is correct, I updated to spigbot and redsand and colored glass does not place. Also new biomes, The new blocks in the biomes start to vanish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LoopMCHosting Support Member [James]
10/29/2013 1:00 pm
aman207
That is because Spigot doesn't actually have any of the 1.7 features, it just updated its protocol.
10/29/2013 12:41 pm
aman207
DenialMC is correct. You should not update at this moment as the Spigot build is NOT official and is highly unstable.
10/29/2013 11:24 am
Level 23 : Expert Blockhead
Agent_Squash
What plugins do you use, by any chance?
10/29/2013 11:17 am
Flowdude
If one person says no, ill stick with him ^^
but thanks to you as well for posting your knowledge based on the spigot!
10/30/2013 5:36 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
MattCowley
... I RUN F***ing Spigot! It supports all my plugins... but it is still basically 1.6.4 with 1.7.2 clients logging in...

You can't use any new blocks or anything.. but it works if you have people who now use 1.7.2 but want to join your server!
10/30/2013 1:53 pm
Flowdude
There is no need to be rude, brother.
If they use 1.7.2 clients, they can easily change to 1.6.4 in the client ^^
10/29/2013 11:15 am
Agent_Squash
No thanks to me?
10/29/2013 11:14 am
Flowdude
Thank you @DenialMC
Really appreciated
10/29/2013 11:13 am
Agent_Squash
I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

My server recently updated, no bugs. It does support most plugins
10/30/2013 6:56 am
Level 31 : Artisan Electrician
RustyTurkeyBrain
Don't mean to be rude but I can imagine Denial's opinion is based on evidence that he has heard about from various sources whereas yours is based on one server alone and is most likely biased.
10/30/2013 10:49 am
Agent_Squash
I am sorry, but how is my opinion 'biased'?

You most likely do not understand what the word means. My server runs over 250 plugins, and I think that is enough evidence to prove it works...
10/30/2013 11:10 am
aman207
2 problems

1. Why are you running over 250 plugins. You are killing your server. You must have 64+gb of ram which is a big big waste of money

2. There is no way that every plugin can support this unstable spigot build. I would like to remind you that spigot is using a protocol hack rather than trying to implement any of the 1.7 feature. So basically they changed a few numbers and threw it up on their website. That is why its called a hack. You are risking your world by using this build, and you have no concern at all. You should be very, deeply concerned.
10/30/2013 11:07 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Wolf Whisperer
semmeess
Your server runs atleast 251 plugins???!!!
Jesus, I'm surprised anything works.
10/29/2013 11:12 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Modder
DenialMC
Nope, not all plugins are supported.

Also the 1.7.2 build is really buggy. As a programmer, I highly disrecommend updating at the moment.

Daniel
10/30/2013 11:33 am
KrashDozer
You are telling me that my server which is using the same build you are saying is unstable, is unstable? I average 500 players and peak @ 800 players online at peak...

From my server to oc.tc, Hypixel, and the other big servers. I think its safe to say OUR opinion matters.

10/29/2013 11:11 am
Flowdude
So this support all my plugins?
10/29/2013 11:09 am
Agent_Squash
spigotmc.org

It's bukkit, but better. Also, works on 1.7.2

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site